HP 8th gen quad-core processors

rkcougars

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone would have any insight into how Intel's new 8th gen U series chips (now quad-core but still low power) will compare to say, the 6th generation quad-core processors found in the Envy and Spectre laptops (which are not "U series"). I have an HP Envy with the 6th gen I7 quad-core processor but have been thinking about upgrading to a computer with pen support. I am afraid of downgrading from 4 cores to 2 because of the CPU intensive work I do. I am wondering how the 2 generations newer U series chips would compare to the older 6th gen quad-core chips.
Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
We will need to wait for indepth benchmarks and analysis for the newer chips done by anandtech for example to compare and make a fair assessment.

One cannot make recommendations without all the facts to hand :).

Plus to make a price to performance comparison on CPU's, we would also need to take into account how Ryzen CPUs / APUs compare.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Rumored to have 1.9Ghz base clock speeds, but very aggressive turbo clocks, I expect good single threaded performance and multithreaded that exceeds current 15W duel core parts but slower than the 45w quad core parts.

This is just my speculation, could be wrong, we won't know for sure until reviews come.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99