I love the design of my HP headset, but I don't like the way the cable hangs off the side of the headband. I guess I'm worried about wear and tear on the connection because of the weight of the cable. Does anyone think this is an issue I should be worried about? Thanks.
    03-23-2018 11:14 AM
    I was a bit worried about the same thing, plus it was just uncomfortable and got tangled with the headphones so I stuck a little cable clip on the back like so:wp_20180324_12_18_03_pro-2-.jpg
    I used some heavy duty double sided tape to stick it on.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    03-24-2018 12:24 AM
    I was a bit worried about the same thing, plus it was just uncomfortable and got tangled with the headphones so I stuck a little cable clip on the back like so:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20180324_12_18_03_Pro (2).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	138922
    I used some heavy duty double sided tape to stick it on.
    That's a really good idea. Thanks for the pic.
    onemoredave likes this.
    03-25-2018 04:40 PM
    Probably a better idea to buy a black version but yes, having the cord trail down your back rather than hang awkwardly down the front is much better.

One issue I run into is when flipping the visor up there sometimes isn't enough slack in the cord, but I've developed the habit of giving a quick tug on the connector before flipping the visor up.

I suppose the better option would be to make the clip attachment static with enough slack to flip the visor up, rather than slideable but it hasn't been enough of a bother for me yet.
    03-28-2018 08:05 AM
    Good thinking. I think I'll try to have the attachment keep the cable from moving and add a little slack, like you suggest.

What do you find yourself doing the most while using your handset? I'm still fairly new, but I can't get enough of flying around Google Earth.
    03-28-2018 08:19 PM
    Ah Google Earth! Yes I've spent many hours touring the globe and way too long "jumping" off the tops of the mountains in Monuments National Park (try it). I've posted in the games thread but my top plays are Arizona Sunshine, the Gallery 1+2, and I'm currently spending a lot of time making little clips in Mindshow.

Let me know how you get on and what you come up with for stopping the cable sliding.

Also while we're on the topic of mods, of greater concern to me was pulling the cords out of my computer so I added a 2M extension with the join being what will get pulled apart if things get carried away. I wrapped it with a sleeving product to keep it neat and coil the extension around desk leg once and then into the computer.

wp_20180329_09_25_29_pro.jpg
    03-28-2018 09:44 PM
    I was demoing the HP headset last Xmas in BBY... one thing you have to be extremely careful about removing the hotplug on the headset is that the metal surrounding the connector can be bent easily. Once that is bent and you try to connect, it's over. Had to replace 2 headsets because of that.

I love the wire clip idea to make slack. I 3D printed one for my Vive, so it clips onto the elastic headgear. Wouldn't take much to make one that clips over the plastic.
    03-29-2018 11:32 AM
    Ah Google Earth! Yes I've spent many hours touring the globe and way too long "jumping" off the tops of the mountains in Monuments National Park (try it). I've posted in the games thread but my top plays are Arizona Sunshine, the Gallery 1+2, and I'm currently spending a lot of time making little clips in Mindshow.

Let me know how you get on and what you come up with for stopping the cable sliding.

Also while we're on the topic of mods, of greater concern to me was pulling the cords out of my computer so I added a 2M extension with the join being what will get pulled apart if things get carried away. I wrapped it with a sleeving product to keep it neat and coil the extension around desk leg once and then into the computer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20180329_09_25_29_Pro.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	138955
    Nice work. I think I might do something similar.
    I'll check out what you mentioned. I'm not sure I've heard of mindshow.
    03-29-2018 09:28 PM
    I was demoing the HP headset last Xmas in BBY... one thing you have to be extremely careful about removing the hotplug on the headset is that the metal surrounding the connector can be bent easily. Once that is bent and you try to connect, it's over. Had to replace 2 headsets because of that.

I love the wire clip idea to make slack. I 3D printed one for my Vive, so it clips onto the elastic headgear. Wouldn't take much to make one that clips over the plastic.
    Good info. Thanks for this.
    Does MS offer their protection plans for these devices?
    03-29-2018 09:28 PM
    Good info. Thanks for this.
    Does MS offer their protection plans for these devices?
    Nope. And Best Buy doesn't either.
    03-29-2018 10:29 PM
    Nope. And Best Buy doesn't either.
    Wow. What's up with that? I guess I'll have to be extra careful now.
    03-29-2018 10:30 PM
    :-) Great to know, I'll just avoid unplugging it. With the extension in the pic above the "weakest link" is where the headset cord hooks into the extension (on purpose). The hotplug is safely behind the cable clip I added to the back of the headset.

It seems that with a little more thought, HP could have designed a much better product.
    03-30-2018 09:05 AM
    There are also ceiling lanyards with clips that can hold up cables from VR and MR systems alike. See the following link for picture examples.

https://wearablelife.com.au/shop/htc...ely-pack-of-8/
    04-08-2018 05:56 PM