04-20-2014 10:37 AM
50 12
tools
    I would send an email to HTC! Right to the top! I would tell them something like this " I bought this phone, but can not use it! My question ist: is there some kind of an update coming which will change my situation, or not? If not, I am forced to buy another phone (Lumia 620). I would like to have a clear answer. Thanks in advance..."

The thing is that you can not just hope that an update will come... If you knew for sure that something like that is going to happen, I am sure you would wait...but I doubt that HTC will give you some clear answers...
    I called HTC support tonight about this issue and was told by the adviser i spoke to that so far im the 2nd person hes heard off whose called in about this issue. Maybe if enough of us call in they will either find a fix themselves or get onto Microsoft about them coming up with a fix. Either way its extra attention bought to the issue which can only get things resolved faster. On the bright side tho i should have a call or e-mail back from the tmoz at some point during the day so if there is any important info in there i will let ya all know here.
    03-26-2013 05:12 PM
    05-22-2013 06:14 PM
    Every time the same...
    Do You see the difference between installing application ON mSD card and FROM mSD card ???
    mermar likes this.
    05-23-2013 07:55 AM
    Htc stop being lazy and fix this problem nokia alredy fixed it for the lumia
    05-26-2013 08:16 PM
    Htc stop being lazy and fix this problem nokia alredy fixed it for the lumia
    Do You ever know what You are writing about ?
    05-27-2013 02:50 AM
    Do You ever know what You are writing about ?
    Nokia fixed this a few months ago only for offline maps storage, but that already helps a lot.
    06-24-2013 06:45 AM
    Nokia fixed this a few months ago only for offline maps storage, but that already helps a lot.
    In some cases, only a little to none. I am not using offline maps so it's not important for me.
    The best solution would be if all applications could store their data on the memory card. That's it. And of course the (in)famous "OTHER" storage folder bug should be resolved.
    Now it's size just increases even while normal phone usage, without application installing. From what I observed, it contains for example the data for e-mails.

So to sum up, it's not up to Nokia or HTC to resolve this, it's Microsoft that is responsible. And yes, Nokia has shown the correct direction.
    06-24-2013 08:16 AM
    How do I install apps from an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

If you have reduction you can download instalation file on your pc and copy it on SD card
    08-09-2013 03:54 PM
    Some people here are far from the subject...

I own HTC 8S too, and 1.3GB is way too low, I can store 2 smaller games and some basic apps, but the in time the phone will use another few extra MBs. Last time I deleted everything (games apps, emails, maps, internet stuff...) I ended with only ~700mb (the rest were useless files that could not be deleted) so I restored to factory settings. Probably the reason they haven't released an updated for this so far is the fear of piracy-related problems? I don't really think so because they can ask for a marketplace verification each time the phone finds a new card with apps installed.

I know it's an old post but I just saw it now: you paid for maps? I don't get it? the maps are free to download, I downloaded my region (around 120mb) and the default maps application does a great job showing the right way from a place to another, and the estimated time really surprised me!
    08-10-2013 12:56 PM
    Not apps. but you can store your offline maps on SD Card. Search for an app named "Lumia storage check". this app will help you to change the default storage location to sd card for maps only.
    09-02-2013 04:34 AM
    Not apps. but you can store your offline maps on SD Card. Search for an app named "Lumia storage check". this app will help you to change the default storage location to sd card for maps only.
    And install Nokia exclusive app on the HTC phone first. Great.
    09-02-2013 06:13 AM
    you think Ms will implement this funcionality in the next update? it would make WP8 the best OS ever. Are you considerating this improvment?? please let's do it!!!!!
    10-05-2013 12:36 PM
    you think Ms will implement this funcionality in the next update? it would make WP8 the best OS ever. Are you considerating this improvment?? please let's do it!!!!!
    No. This will not be changed.
    10-05-2013 01:05 PM
    I want to buy htc 8s but my friend told me that I cant install app on sd card and that awful! You said that there is a update? How can I install? Is it possible?
    Which one do you suggest me? Plz tell me as soon as possible!
    Thanks in advance!
    11-16-2013 03:00 PM
    I want to buy htc 8s but my friend told me that I cant install app on sd card and that awful! You said that there is a update? How can I install? Is it possible?
    Which one do you suggest me? Plz tell me as soon as possible!
    Thanks in advance!
    No, no and no ! NO update at the moment allows to install ANYTHING on the microSD card. If you want to buy 8S, concentrate on - well, maybe - its looks. This phone is beautiful. But that's all. If large amount of memory is what you need, look elsewhere.
    11-16-2013 06:53 PM
    I wish they did... Pretty stupid of Microsoft if you ask me, I have the 8S and only have around 500MB of Memory left, I wish I could just pop my 16GB SD Card in and download away, but nope, it seems Microsoft would rather you cough up money you probably do not have to buy a new phone with more memory.
    12-13-2013 12:40 PM
    Disapointed, itś a suck!!!
    01-18-2014 09:35 AM
    the sooner you understand that apps cannot be installed to SD the better for you. :)it is OS limitation and not a problem with certain phone. ;-)

Do we really want installing apps to SD card make the super smooth WindowsPhone OS to become lagging nightmare like Android phones? I don't think so.
    01-27-2014 07:49 AM
    the sooner you understand that apps cannot be installed to SD the better for you. :)it is OS limitation and not a problem with certain phone. ;-)

Do we really want installing apps to SD card make the super smooth WindowsPhone OS to become lagging nightmare like Android phones? I don't think so.
    I was given a Xperia SP as a company phone. Believe me, well constructed Android phones are not lagging anymore.
    I have moved most of the biggest apps to the microSD card and it's working perfectly.

And WP is not super smooth when phone memory is almost full.

The only thing that is missing is not even moving the apps to the SD card, but their DATA as the APP DATA most often is quite big chunk.
    01-29-2014 05:39 AM
    I have the same issue - I bought the 8S as I wanted to test WinPhone8 and not to end up dissatisfied after spending much on a Lumia 920 or so. First of all, I`m happy I did this because my personal belief is that Windows Phone 8 was released before finished, my phone switches off often due to some problem...

Anyways, its the same thing - the 8S comes with 4GB of internal memory and the Windows itself takes about 70% of it and keeps eating space due to some reason. No idea who came up with this great thought to make a phone with slightly more memory then the OS itself needs and where you cannot install apps on your SD card...Brillian work and the first and last HTC I am having. Also, I do not understand why are they allowed to advertise the phone as having 4GB of internal storage when you can only get it with WP8 where it comes with less than a gig of actual storage space, I`m sure someone could win a lawsuit for consumer misleading.
    03-09-2014 08:49 AM
    04-17-2014 04:12 PM
    How to download and install the Windows Phone 8.1 update for your phone - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

Use this link and you will love me
    04-17-2014 04:14 PM
    How to download and install the Windows Phone 8.1 update for your phone - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

04-17-2014 04:21 PM

Now we hate you for spamming.
    04-18-2014 02:24 AM
    I DON'T hate you, and THANK YOU for this info.

Everything WORKS perfectly, like:

1. Installing or moving aplications on SD;
    2. Android-like notification center (drag from top of screen);
    3. More tile options;
    4. Data transfer watch and limit;
    5. SWYPE keybord (!)

...and more to discover ;)
    Thank you once again!
    04-20-2014 10:37 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD