No HTC 8S in the US Confirmed

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
feels like it isn't coming out anywhere, since nobody has any firm releasedates or anything.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. This launch was a masterpiece of a clusterf*ck. Exactly the thing you'd want to pull off if your sales numbers are steadily declining everywhere and you are investing in a yet unproven ecosystem. Good job htc, I don't even want to know how many potential customers you lost with this mess of confusion and misinformation.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The low pricing of the Nokia models is causing an extreme ripple through the phone industry. Were likely not going to see the Sammy device in the US either for the same reason.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, with the free-to-$99 Nokia 820/822 and the free Samsung Marco, HTC probably would have a much tougher time competing with the 8S. The 8X on the other hand is a pretty unique device at its price point currently.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That's only for contract pricing.

Lots of low-end Android devices have done VERY well in the prepaid market -- HTC's Wildfire, for instance. The 8S would set a new standard for a low-cost prepaid phone in terms of speed, quality, aesthetics and capability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)