Is Htc 8s what I'm looking for?

yellowS

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I'm going to buy my first smartphone this Christmas.
I have about 300 ? to spend for it.
Top three priorities are :
-fluidity (I think 8s has it)
-good design (It has
-good, or at least decent, autonomy: does the 8s have it?

For the same price I can get the samsung galaxy s2. What do you think is best?
I'm not going to do big things with my smartphone. Mainly for email, facebook, whatsup; eventual photos, little games and this kind of stuff.

thanks for your answer and sorry for my english (i'm not native speaker ^^)

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8S checks all the those points. It will do FB, Email, Whatsapp, decent photos for 5MP. Check out windows phone store for games you like or already have that u would require in WP8.

I personally feel 8S is best looking WP8 device which is also light, very pocket able and easy to handle. Somehow i prefer screen to be around 4" only, but that's just me. I would have loved if it had good screen resolution, better display and Cam. I don't actually mind sub-par processor compared to other WP8 devices nor that it has less RAM. But good Cam and display is a must for me.

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What do you intend with "Cam"? Frontal camera?

and about autonomy I guess it's just like other smartphone
Front Cam is kind of useless for me. I don't want people to know where I am so no video chat on the go :p j/k

Good Cam as in 8MP like Lumia 800. I take a lot of pics on the go everyday. A lot of candid ones too so i need better than avg. cam. A 8MP from Apple or Nokia seems to work for me as of now. I am not sure about 8S but i don't think it will as good as those 2. Lumia 920 is what i would love to own, but size and weight puts me off.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the 8S is the phone for you.

A good way to compare it is to the iPhone 4. The specs and very a like. I currently have an iPhone 4 and I will be buying and 8S as soon as they are available.

Ive held the phone and the 4" screen hits perfect in my hand and I have average sized hands. Its looks great and you know it will run smooth as its WP8.

To me its the best and probably only mid range WP8 phone and at a really good price.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

JimboJones2268

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I really do not understand what HTC are doing here. If the 8S was out and widely available then it would have the advantage over the Lumia 620 by simply being available, plus I suspect it will have a better screen, much better battery life and is, on paper, a better physical size balance. Plus it looks awesome!

yellowS

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
that's interesting. The only problem I have to but it for christmas, I'll leave by January...
thanks for you answer guys..

Anyway, between Galaxy SII and HTC 8s I go for sure with the 8s?

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would say the 8S. Im still going for the 8S even after the announcement of the 620. I wouldn't touch android with a barge pole, but I don't like the android UI.

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 620 have Standard battery, Li-Ion 1300 mAh

Htc 8s have Standard battery, Li-Po 1700 mAh

Nokia 620 dont have better baterry .

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 620 have Standard battery, Li-Ion 1300 mAh

Htc 8s have Standard battery, Li-Po 1700 mAh

Nokia 620 dont have better baterry .

battery is a major letdown on the 620 if you ask me... since it's replaceable I cling to the hope of a higher capactiy battery being available through 3rd party retailers at some point. otherwise I ask myself why they would make a device this thick (with a lot of tech stuffed into it, to be fair) and put in a super small battery. If it doesn't at least last a day with moderatley heavy usage it'll be a no-buy for me as well.
Dear OEMs: why make good phones and screw up in one key area of hardware? (8S: internal storage, 620: battery)

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
battery is a major letdown on the 620 if you ask me... since it's replaceable I cling to the hope of a higher capactiy battery being available through 3rd party retailers at some point. otherwise I ask myself why they would make a device this thick (with a lot of tech stuffed into it, to be fair) and put in a super small battery. If it doesn't at least last a day with moderatley heavy usage it'll be a no-buy for me as well.
Dear OEMs: why make good phones and screw up in one key area of hardware? (8S: internal storage, 620: battery)

Because OEMs are dicks? A lot like politians. Dont listen to public opinion and do what they want anyways. 4GB is bloody stupid.

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Regarding this battery will exceed my expectations! just loaded the 11 pm got everything connected, I received quite a few calls sms, emails have always used Bluetooth and 8:21 pm had 60% battery for a smartphone this excellent, so far I'm enjoying, are 21 hours of use and have 60% ​​battery.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Regarding this battery will exceed my expectations! just loaded the 11 pm got everything connected, I received quite a few calls sms, emails have always used Bluetooth and 8:21 pm had 60% battery for a smartphone this excellent, so far I'm enjoying, are 21 hours of use and have 60% ​​battery.

WoW!! I know this is off topic, but do u constantly delete, clean the cache/data and system cookies? Just asking..

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
WoW!! I know this is off topic, but do u constantly delete, clean the cache/data and system cookies? Just asking..

no, dont delete anything,but if you restart your phone you get more space I suspect that when it restarts the cache is cleared

sorry for my english :)

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm defo interested as well. Same problem here; worried about storage... Might just take the plunge and return it if it's not to my liking. I only see myself using 6 odd apps anyway. I don't store music or videos on phones as I use netflix and xbox music already anyways.

Edit: Love your avatar btw xenophos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3