Is 4GB enough? How many apps can you have?

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
tmn0 - From what I've read about WP8 s that it dynamically adjusts the storage, the "other" is basically space made available for all the apps/games you've downloaded so that they can cache data. From what we have heard if you take your free space right down to like 10mb for example Windows Phone will release some of that "other" space into your free space. This may be incorrect and I've not seen any real world examples of it. Having 1GB of other on a phone that doesn't have much free space does take the piss

tmn0

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
tmn0 - From what I've read about WP8 s that it dynamically adjusts the storage, the "other" is basically space made available for all the apps/games you've downloaded so that they can cache data. From what we have heard if you take your free space right down to like 10mb for example Windows Phone will release some of that "other" space into your free space. This may be incorrect and I've not seen any real world examples of it. Having 1GB of other on a phone that doesn't have much free space does take the piss

if not siging acc hotmail will non item Other

ivomc

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've discovered the hard way that its far from enough because of the "other" issue...

I have 120mb free with the "other" setting occupying over 1gb and system occupying 2,02GB... on my 4gb HTC 8s

I've cleared the cache on the browser, on maps, etc... the "other category" is just out of hand.

If what was said was truth I would have been able to install applications bigger than 120mb using that "other" space.. truth is... I cant.

This "other category" is getting out of hand, I've seen posts of people saying it occupies 6gb or even 10gb. So this will always be a problem on every windows phone 8 model...

If there's nothing done about it in the next couple of days I'll have to returning my HTC 8s to the shop and get an android...

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It isn't enough. Full stop. I use audible on my windows phone an my book downloads cannot save to SD. I wanted this phone. I may wait for the Lumia 620.

Martin Haigh

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an 8s and have installed 15 apps(below) and no games , the phone shows only 619mb remaining although when i tried to install sonic game I got the "sorry insufficient memory" message

amazon kindle
amazon mobile
battery status
bmi
bus tracker
ebay
facebook
flashlight xt
myfittness pal
translator
tune in radio
twitter
unit convertor
walk-run-bike-drive
you tube

so i very much doubt you will fit all your listed apps...

phone storage shows as follows

music + videos (needed for custom ringtones so cannot go on sd card) 15.17mb
pictures 0bytes

apps 153.15mb

other 835.83mb (have no idea what this is ??)

system 2.02gb

free space 619.83mb

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
From my experience, working in customer service as a high-ticket electronics sales person, I would advise you against 4GB worth if storage.

4GB in this day and age is not enough, when it comes to all the necessary files in the end, I would strongly suggest a 16GB minimum. This extra couple dollars invested into this purchase will ensure you much more benefit and enjoyment out of the product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss