Seeing no one complaining about the 8S..

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. That 4gb of internal space is a deal breaker. I don't have very many apps either, but the lack of space will deter me from pulling the trigger. Compared to my Lumia 800, this phone almost feels like a downgrade.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've read the review yet from TheVerge. They listed screen and performance issues with the 8S. Let's see what other reviews say.

lbleij

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
XENOPHOS, it think you're right. I use for about 3 to 10 apps, and maby 2 games. 1.3 gigs will to that for me. **** me if it doesn't, hehe. I'm sure the 8s will do the trick.
I'm going to get it in 10 minutes or so. : D

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've read the review yet from TheVerge. They listed screen and performance issues with the 8S. Let's see what other reviews say.

never had that screen and performance issues, I do not like the look of the Nokia 620 looks like a plastic phone :p

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
XENOPHOS, I think because you want to literally 3 or 4 apps I think the phone will do it for you.

On another note that HTC have an app for their Windows phones called “Make More Space,” an app that presumably junks unwanted files on the phone. Now I didnt see this on my 8S or maybe I missed it but I cant find much information about it but if this app does what I think it does which would be to delete unwated cached data it could be very very useful for the 8S and might even make me go back and buy one.

Has anyone else heard about or even used this app?

lbleij

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
XENOPHOS, I think because you want to literally 3 or 4 apps I think the phone will do it for you.

On another note that HTC have an app for their Windows phones called “Make More Space,” an app that presumably junks unwanted files on the phone. Now I didnt see this on my 8S or maybe I missed it but I cant find much information about it but if this app does what I think it does which would be to delete unwated cached data it could be very very useful for the 8S and might even make me go back and buy one.

Has anyone else heard about or even used this app?

Nope but Im getting mine tomorrow and I will report back to you bout the app, I also was wondering while watching numerous reviews, they all seemed to skip that app.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope but Im getting mine tomorrow and I will report back to you bout the app, I also was wondering while watching numerous reviews, they all seemed to skip that app.

If you could tell me about that app I would appreciate it so so much. As I'm thinking of getting th 8S again if I know this app works and allows you to clear the cache of apps as I really really want this phone. Thanking you in advance.

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Richard c the app dont clear the cache only give the imformation of the space that applications videos etc is taken and let you uninstall , but I found wen we reboot the device the cache of applications its cleared and we get more space, 776,84MB free, after reboot 778,38MB, can someone confirm this?
sorry for my english :)

ladenhollander

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I unfortunately must agree with the negative comments above... Just bought the 8S, installed some apps, and the Phone memory is full. Can't even download a map in the expensive Navigon Europe app. 32GB of SD memory can only be used for media. MSFT, please update the OS!

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I unfortunately must agree with the negative comments above... Just bought the 8S, installed some apps, and the Phone memory is full. Can't even download a map in the expensive Navigon Europe app. 32GB of SD memory can only be used for media. MSFT, please update the OS!

i have 10 apps installed 1 v?deo (70MB) and some pictures dont have SD yet ,and i have 778,38MB free how many apps you have?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
i have 10 apps installed 1 v?deo (70MB) and some pictures dont have SD yet ,and i have 778,38MB free how many apps you have?

This is the part that confuses me. people who have the phone aren't complaining. But others ( including me) are worried. Like I said, I am not going to install more than 10 apps. And BTW, doesn't HTC phones come with some pre-installed tool apps like torchlight, converter and all? That would again save me some more space. My other question went unanswered...does it have the lockscreen notification for email/Twitter etc..?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
never had that screen and performance issues, I do not like the look of the Nokia 620 looks like a plastic phone :p

So is my thought...looks like a plastic toy...and plus, 8S looks premium..

XENOPHOS, it think you're right. I use for about 3 to 10 apps, and maby 2 games. 1.3 gigs will to that for me. **** me if it doesn't, hehe. I'm sure the 8s will do the trick.
I'm going to get it in 10 minutes or so. : D

Hahaha...yes, even with the Playstore brimming with apps, I very conveniently giving it a miss. I don't WANT any apps TBH. Just the ones I need on a day-to-day basis.

I did see the review, couldn't find anything...will see it again today..what screen issues BTW do they talk about? I hope nothing major...

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This is the part that confuses me. people who have the phone aren't complaining. But others ( including me) are worried. Like I said, I am not going to install more than 10 apps. And BTW, doesn't HTC phones come with some pre-installed tool apps like torchlight, converter and all? That would again save me some more space. My other question went unanswered...does it have the lockscreen notification for email/Twitter etc..?

yes, it comes with HTC applications and you can have the lockscreen notification for email and other things.

And the phone dont have any screen performance issues.

when I say I have 10 applications are not included applications htc

Last edited:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
yes, it comes with HTC applications and you can have the lockscreen notification for email and other things.

And the phone dont have any screen performance issues.

when I say I have 10 applications are not included applications htc

Oh cool thanx..my question to u Sityos, The Verge reported they had a non-responsiveness a few times and that some appa froze and the phone jumped back to the start screen.
Is that true? Does the phone stop responding sometimes?
Hope it isn't a hardware issue...

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh cool thanx..my question to u Sityos, The Verge reported they had a non-responsiveness a few times and that some appa froze and the phone jumped back to the start screen.
Is that true? Does the phone stop responding sometimes?
Hope it isn't a hardware issue...

No,that is not true, i never even had any crash of apps or non-responsiveness or frozen apps.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Dude, Each one has their oppinion. That is ok.. I think 620 really exicted a lot of pple. Also, i think once 620 is revealed, you should go and hold it and see. You may like it.. Black is not toyish by any means.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Dude, Each one has their oppinion. That is ok.. I think 620 really exicted a lot of pple. Also, i think once 620 is revealed, you should go and hold it and see. You may like it.. Black is not toyish by any means.

Yea u are right..but don't want another black device..8S Domino black is awesome nonetheless...lets c..I think 8S purely looks awesome..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss