8S Battery Life Issue

Le Quack

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having battery issues with there HTC 8S. I got mine on Saturday and I dont seem to get any life what so ever out of the battery.

I did an experiment last night I charged to 100% before going to sleep turn off everything and airplane mode on and when I woke up 7 hours later it was already dead.

I'm gonna return it for another one of the same model hopefully I just got a dud but how much life are other users getting out of there battery.

britorj

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you not to set airplane mode...It make few difference.

Go to configuration, Battery saver, turn it on, go to advanced, and set ALLWAYS. It will make battery last about 2-4 days. Mine can do that.

Using "allways on" battery saver none programs runs at background, no programs will update anything that need GPRS conection, but everything will keep working, than, if you need to update anything, all yuou have to do is set update manually. Easy and, for me, enought.

Hope it help. Tell us later.

Best regards,
Claudio Brito

Le Quack

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
not really an option I need live email updates from my phone as part of my job

I'll just drop it back I'm not getting 5 hours without needing to charge with limited use (only using it to check emails and texts) if your getting 2-4 days without saving on I should be at least getting 12 hours. I'm guessing I've just got a knackered battery.

Sityos Vin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
something not right with battery of your 8s, my 8s stand a whole day and at the end of the day I still have 50% + battery with everything connected, or check apps you have installed something is drain the battery, Skype our others apps.

N Hawker

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ive has my 8s for about a week now. I have also had significant battery problems. Firstly charged it before going to bed. No use overnight to find it dead in the morning. Next tried charging it overnight, started using it about 9am. Set the "always" setting for battery saver. I only sent a few texts, and checked Facebook and email a few times. You have to update these manually using these battery settings. 6pm the phone died completely. No warning just switched off. I am going to return the phone and hope its just faulty. I have also heard that this is a 'bug' with all new windows 8 phones, so lets hope theres an update to rectify this. Shame really because otherwise its a nice phone.

Kristof Kulcsar

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have everything on, no battery saver and it last for more then a day (never go below 30%). I never charge it to 100% just leave it on the carger for 1-2 hours and thats it. I check email/fb frequently plus listening a ton of music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss