Can a system update solve the mem issue?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if a software update can change the setting to allow us to install apps on the mem card?
Is it possible or is this hardwired in the hardware?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if a software update can change the setting to allow us to install apps on the mem card?
Is it possible or is this hardwired in the hardware?

Not the latest portico update but may be a future update..only MS can answer that

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you'll ever be able to run programs from an sd card because transfer rates may be inadequate. The only exception I can see is if the phone would be able to differentiate between types of cards-that is, if the device can see if you have a class 10 card (highest speed) then you would be okay but anything less is only good for storage.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically it could be done, but I don't think it ever will be. As was mentioned, it can negatively impact app performance. Also they are trying to get away from SD cards in general because they are just an inelegant solution. Two sperate volumes and all, with different read/write speeds. They are just a temporary band-aid until NAND memory prices come down enough so that even budget phones can have a decent amount of memory.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically it could be done, but I don't think it ever will be. As was mentioned, it can negatively impact app performance. Also they are trying to get away from SD cards in general because they are just an inelegant solution. Two sperate volumes and all, with different read/write speeds. They are just a temporary band-aid until NAND memory prices come down enough so that even budget phones can have a decent amount of memory.

Fair enough...but like the reply above u reads, what happens to OTA? Wil 8S get one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786