Problem with memory management on HTC 8S

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
yeah, you should try Gun Bros, very large game (around 120 mb). But you should only try it when your memory is below acceptable ;) Otherwise you're just spoiling room.

But hey, that micromanagement, it's not even that bad. Discover new things :p

yellowS

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
mhh from 7 megabye to 50 megabyte is still something :D
But I cannot free other space.... I have 365 mb of "app" and 1,30 GB of "other". Guess I have to reset the phone (not really exciting idea :) )

dahurricaneg

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So basically we are screwed then?

Also can someone verify something..is it possible to download apps onto an SD card and then install them onto your phone? Also, could you install them onto the SD card to save room on the phone? Or do they automatically need to go to your phone's storage?

This is a really serious problem, if we need to reset often when deleting apps..I thought the whole point of deleting a friggin app was to free up memory..and I thought the whole point of having an SD card was to utilize the card to leave space on your phone..so why cannot apps be installed onto the SD card..once this issue receives public outcry this phone will never sell..

FIlip9

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
if only Microsoft had a bunch of programers that can make an update, so we can execute and install games and apps on the card from the card. :)
But I guess that is impossible or they just don't want it done so bigger storage phones hold up a better price.

cataliness

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why such a feature would take a slice off the higher-spec phones. There are many manufacturers embracing WP from Nokia and Samsung to HTC and Huwaei, so the prices will most likely range from very cheap and affordable to Apple-expensive. Once the markets grow and more of these terminals are launched and available to everyone, everywhere, many other factors will come in play when choosing a phone. And considering Nokia has launched the Lumia 620 which is approx the same price and has 8GB, clearly most of the new WP8 buyers will choose Nokia. The lack of memory will most likely be the biggest downer from now on and if WP will not solve this through software update or apps, I don't think any manufacturer will make the same mistake as HTC did with 8S. The only reason the 8S was sold, other than it being a sexy phone, is because it was one of the first devices with WP8 and many people didn't know the internal memory would be such a problem and because other equally priced WP8 devices weren't available and still are not available in many countries. It's sad really, because if the 8S had 8GB of internal memory I believe it would have been the best phone - best seller - best deal - of the year.

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they should just overpower phones with memory. Just make 32 gigs a standard for 10$ more... I would pay 50 dollars more for 4 more gigs in my 8s, altough it only costs 10 these days.

gudodayn

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC 8S myself and after spending a month with it ....... I would STRONGLY recommend people wanting a decent WP8 phone to get a spec like Nokia 620, at least!

The 4GB internal storage is a JOKE!!!!

Installing from SD is a hassle and lack of internal storage causes online browsing issues (caching) ......

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit that 4 GB is a 'small' memory, however I have no problems with my 8s at all. I dont have many apps on it as why bother? Most info is available on the internet anyway. I have never experienced any browsing issues on mine-in fact I find it quicker to use than our laptop or ipad unless I have some major surfing to do. I have noticed that the 'other' memory goes up and down on mine and currently stays around 1.1 GB. My other phone, a Nokia 710 has less than 3 GB left as its full of photos, videos and music. Just the same as my 8S but its all on the sd card now. The 8s looks better and has a bigger screen than the 710 but just looking at the 620 in pictures it looks pretty good....

diavol

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have 140 MB's free and I want to install Real Football which uses 40 MB and I can't. It says that I don't have enough space -.- Any solution for this?

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
yeah the app does exactly what I stated before: fill up your Phone, after that windows is triggered to let some storage free, and after that the app deletes its fill up again. Thanks, soso_xx

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
you should search the app on your Phone. If you configured the desktop windows PHONE Marketplace in your browser correctly, it should download the app automaticly to your Phone. Note that your wifi should be on.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Bloody shame HTC dropped the ball on this. Such a good looking phone but the choice between this and a Lumia 620 was a no brainier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3