Problem with memory management on HTC 8S

anthonyRbunce

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a htc 8s and my memory on phones says 3gb and my memory card has 16gb I try to download an album and it says I have no got enough storage, I have also tried to change the setting where it saves straight to sd card but still says not enough memory please help !!!!!!!!!!!

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
hi! I'm a newb..
today I've found something strange about the memory management: due to many crashes I decided to remove and reinstall "facebook beta" app; well, after removing the app, I got more than 120MB of free space plus the free space I've already had. so, I decided to unistall other app that I've updated many times; and now that's the interesting thing: every time I got a lot of free space, much more than the space required, much more than "only" twice (sometimes also 5x)!! :shocked:
now the question: this thing happens only to me? if not, do we have to uninstall an app, download on the external sd its new version and then reinstall it everytime we get an update?
ps. sorry for my english, I'm italian

Ryan Cuming

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
How do you install them on your sd card? I followed the instructions they gave about installing it manually, but the option of 'sd card' didn't come up within the store. do you need to place the XAP file into a specific folder on the card or something?

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you install them on your sd card? I followed the instructions they gave about installing it manually, but the option of 'sd card' didn't come up within the store. do you need to place the XAP file into a specific folder on the card or something?

1. First, search the forum for an answer
2. ... ok, as I can see You are too lazy even to read this thread, so I can give You a hint : PREVIOUS PAGE !

gegenlicht

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
In experience there is no solution for this problem. Not using the wp facebook integration is not a solution for me, since its the reason ive bought a wp7/8 device. Im not using skydrive.

All I can say is that ive tried everything. Deinstalled everything but one game, Doom & Destiny, the only reason im not resetting the phone is because I want to keep my save games.
Because there is no space left my save files in Doom and Destiny became corrupted while saving! The worst part about this is, now I have much less apps installed I have even more other storage, unable to install 5MB apps...

I have an xbox music abo which I love and often can not use because it needs a little space to transfer the music from internal to SD memory ( 32GB ).
The phone is simply put, the best device ive ever had in terms of design, batterylife etc but not usable under these conditions. I can not believe they did no testing for this issue.

Its possible that OS updates, app updates - their installers (also those that fail to install because ther is no storage), wont get deleted properly causing this.
I will give this phone another month, if the next OS update wont fix this ( which should arrive this month?) I will sell the phone. I would advise everyone to do the same. This issue makes it impossible to advise people to buy a 4-8GB device.

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Try updating your phone to see if you have the GDR2 update and, most importantly, try uninstalling then reinstalling the Make More Space HTC app, if possible. The newest update to it allows you to delete temporary files which *may* fix your problem.

Also bear in mind that any email accounts on your phone will download any synced folders to your phone, not SD card, so make sure you are not syncing too many unnecessary folders - may give you that tiny bit more space.

Berkay Kaya

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I Have so many apps installed and i still have 400mb free :D here are the apps:
200mb England Map
Youtube
Whatsapp
Viber
Twitter
TvCatchup
Translator
Teamviewer
Storage Cleaner
Ringtones Pro
Photosynth
Paypal
Nokia Cinemagraph
Netowrk Speed Test
Nectar
London Travel
Instance
here Maps
Here Drive
Google
Temple Run
Air Hockey
Jetpack Joyride
Fresh Paint
Flashlight XT
Facebook
Ebay
Currency
Creative Studio
Capital Fm
Camera 360
Blink
Bing Weather
Bing News
Battery
App Folder
Amazon
6Sec

simone lauren

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
my phone aint even 4 hours old n i have a 16gig memory card in it n itwont save nothin on it all a downloaded was facebook n teitter app n its sayin my phone memory is full........bak 2 the shop the mora me thinks !!!!:crying:

Pece

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited when I bought this phone ,even though I was warned about the memory and that I should buy sd card and bla bal stuff, but when I actually bought it I saw that in some special way I was SCREWED badly. I want to have many applications on this phone like I have on my Android Tablet, but no , I can install max 4 good apps or games and I even installed them from the sd card. Than comes the bad part. The apps are lagging my phone, my music is stoping when it wants, my whole phone freezes , and when I turn him off it's stuck on the ''goodbye'' screen. Than I had to remove the sim card , and the memory card. Than I had to reset my whole phone, and now I dont have any application on my phone cuz I'm scared that I'll have to return it. It's 3 weeks old. Can someone tell me or if someone know when is '' MICROSOFT'' going to fix this bugs. Or I should just buy android phone ? Sry for such long text but it's a smart phone it should at least do some of the thing that ANDROID AND IOS are doing :)

Pece

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
the "other" things is the history of u'r browser ... which is so annoying. So u have to delete history every time u are done with browsing. -.-

Pece

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I fully use my phone, i have a lot of apps installed, at least for my needs and i still have about 400mb free. If you install games i agree than things get a bit off, otherwise i think the space is quite decent. If htc or the next wp8 update brings some options on clearing the "other" storage section i will be really happy since that is the culprit.

It's not only clearing the "other" folder .. its about buying a SMART phone that acctualy has a lot of space , not lying to us that it comes with 4gb space when it's only 1.36

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This thread is over a year old and not related to your question.
However to reset your phone go to settings>about and choose 'reset your phone', to wipe it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3