Problem with memory management on HTC 8S

Sadig Yusif Oglu

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
it looks like that every HTC 8S after a certain time has the same issue.
The memory management works not properly and is always full of caching!
My phone now has space only 800 Kb.
2,02Gig Reserved for OS
202mb Apps
1,39 Gig other (i think it?s cache)
800kb Free :unhappy:
If I uninstall an application for more free space, then even larger cache.

My HTC 8s is only 3 Days old :angry:

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
it looks like that every HTC 8S after a certain time has the same issue.
The memory management works not properly and is always full of caching!
My phone now has space only 800 Kb.
2,02Gig Reserved for OS
202mb Apps
1,39 Gig other (i think it?s cache)
800kb Free :unhappy:
If I uninstall an application for more free space, then even larger cache.

My HTC 8s is only 3 Days old :angry:

This is a common problem. Some apps allow you to clear their own caches so this night help you a bit. A friend of mine got an 8S but only after he told me that he would use like 5 apps and that's it. I myself want to use about 15/20 apps and feel the 8S doesn't have enough storage.

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
you should reset your phone now and install all the apps you need. I've got around 12-15 apps and 1 game and my memory is stuck at roughly 500 mb's now so the phone is not caching more from now. Works great for me!

Sadig Yusif Oglu

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I think that's not really a solution to format every time HTC 8s. My other phone HTC HD7 WP7 has 16 GB and in 2 years he has only used 2.5 GB of memory. 20 Apps and lot of Pictures... :confused:

Ionut Sava

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Mine is 4 days old and i had less than 100 MB. I found one sollution : download the apps manually on the SD card then install them. DO NOT install them directly from the store on the phone ! I installed all my previous apps and I still have 800 MB free.

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. Mine is 4 days old and i had less than 100 MB. I found one sollution : download the apps manually on the SD card then install them. DO NOT install them directly from the store on the phone ! I installed all my previous apps and I still have 800 MB free.

This is interesting! What makes the app-space different if you install it via SD-card?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting! What makes the app-space different if you install it via SD-card?

I think it saves u the space of cache memory. Like, if downloaded from the store, the app gets downloaded in the internal memory, in some cache folder somewhere. THEN it installs and the data takes more memory.

But if put on SD Card, u save that little space of the app downloaded in the cache. I may be wrong...

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

And how does one do that?

bobi_obi

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody tell me if the install via sd card method really works? I am about to purchase an 8s and I think this will make my decision. Thank you.

Pimenta186

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a htc 8s, and my memory is full :)
I do not have installed any app...
Photos, videos and music to SDCARD.
I just connect 2 e-mail accounts and facebook to the People APP.
I do not receive any e-mails.
I spend lot of time in the facebook... wacth photos of my "friends"... So, my memory is full with cache image of facebbok. In proprieties I have +/- 2000 pictures (I believe is cache).

How to clean cache?
It's possible to save cache in SDCARD (like android)?
Regards
Pimenta

Rosenfeld Dan

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
YES. Installing from SD card does make a big difference.After a RESET I've installed all the basic apps (Flashlight, Shazam, Skyd, Whats, Metro, and so on) and i got 1.1 GB FREE. Also i've only connected 2 of my accounts (microsoft and facebook). Besides the storage problem, i'm very satisfied with 8S.

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
How did you install from SD-card? I have followed instructions and have the apps on my SD-card, but there is no SD-card option in the store......why?

**Correction, I had to wait a few minutes

"If you’ve just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store"

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
How did you install from SD-card? I have followed instructions and have the apps on my SD-card, but there is no SD-card option in the store......why?

**Correction, I had to wait a few minutes

"If you?ve just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store"

Any luck with saving space?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3