Well, this certainly blows chunks

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my domino 8S today. Packaged well, looks nice, screen looks great...

I throw in my sim, power it up, and...

...no service.:unhappy:

So I go to my carrier's store (Telus) and tell them what's up and the csr informs me that I need to go into my on line account and activate my imei and I should be good. After I showed her the network bands it supports, she said it should be no problem. I get home punch in the 8S' imei and the site tells me the 8S will not work on the Telus network. :angry:

So now I'm stuck with an unlocked 8S that I have to sell (and surely take a loss).

I'm about to call them and get more info. If they can't help me, maybe they can cut me some slack on an Ativ. But I'm not hopeful.

If the network bands are compatible, shouldn't it just work?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I bought it new and unlocked - it's all on the up and up. It's just not...supported. The csr (very sweet Asian girl - told me not to be sad:grin:) just said it wouldn't work. Perhaps they only support the devices they sell.

The Last Byte

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you, luckily I sold it to someone without a loss before anyone realized they can now get the HTC 8S from Virgin Mobile for $270, which works on Telus when unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6