Videos have no bass

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I was just browsing my phone until I noticed this, I loaded a music video and I noticed there is no bass at all, compared to the one I have in my music library, even with Beats audio enabled!
The video on my other phones plays just fine.

Also, is it just me, or with Beats audio enabled, I can hear the included HTC earphones pop whenever there's a bass part. Are these earphones really bad compared to Earpods, or not even Sennheisers?

wp8needsupdates

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i have the exact same problem, songs from the media player are fine, anything this is streamed like soundcloud, youtube, websites and the audio is terrible, i really hope this gets sorted out, the more i use this phone the more bugs and bad functionality i find, HTC 8S

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you using headphones? Are they pushed in fully? I've noticed there is a slight amount of force needed for my Lumia 920.

wp8needsupdates

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i work with electronics doing repairs everyday, it's not the headphone connection although it does sound like when the headphone jack is half out and the audio is made into a mono track, i suspect ms have made streaming audio into a summed channel to improve performance, the tracks from the built in media player sound perfect and bassy, it is only from streaming internet audio, i'm very close to getting rid of this phone after one week, really bad all round, internet explorer is unusable on most websites, the marketplace is pretty terrible, the storage problem is awful, not having a way to clean up the storage because of microsofts desire to make a secure os by imitating apple products is a very bad decision, if you clear your cache in internet explorer it also decides to clear saved passwords, really really bad microsoft, take note and do some updates

wp8needsupdates

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
even the audiocloud app is affected by the bad audio problem and the Beats Audio function just makes music sound terrible, i dont know why anybody would actually want to do that to an audio signal, its like a really bad compressor that makes everything flappy and inconsistent, the included headphones are probably the cheapest sounding headphones i have ever had included with a phone, all round i would not buy this phone if i didnt already

Last edited:

wp8needsupdates

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
the phone itself is good, it can be used as a PHONE, ie to make and receive calls and text messages, expecting it to do anything else properly is impossible, smartphone is a very loose term here, the os is badly in need of some updates

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
the phone itself is good, it can be used as a PHONE, ie to make and receive calls and text messages, expecting it to do anything else properly is impossible, smartphone is a very loose term here, the os is badly in need of some updates
Well ill buy it and wait for updates i guess...
Btw could you take some pictures with that phone ? And post them here.
Im really interested about it's camera..

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
even the audiocloud app is affected by the bad audio problem and the Beats Audio function just makes music sound terrible, i dont know why anybody would actually want to do that to an audio signal, its like a really bad compressor that makes everything flappy and inconsistent, the included headphones are probably the cheapest sounding headphones i have ever had included with a phone, all round i would not buy this phone if i didnt already
Dude. I love my audiocloud in my 8X. I even talked with the dev late last year on some "fixes" for the WP8 version.

BTW. I use skull kandy buds. sound from Audiovloud is phenomenal.

wp8needsupdates

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i have sennheiser headphones on it, i think possibly the Beats Audio thing is designed to make these 'fashion' headphones like skull candy and that sound better but for studio headphones it is awful, i wonder why this affects the 8S and not the 8X then, me and the guy using 8S who started the thread both have the same issue, i'm actually going to record the output from the phone and make a video to demonstrate the problem shortly

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you using headphones? Are they pushed in fully? I've noticed there is a slight amount of force needed for my Lumia 920.

Yeah, I even once pushed a pair in my Mozart that it couldn't come out :p

And I guess the beats are a gimmick. I miss the sound enhancer app from the Mozart.

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I even once pushed a pair in my Mozart that it couldn't come out :p

And I guess the beats are a gimmick. I miss the sound enhancer app from the Mozart.

TBH, I sometimes have problems with my sound as well. I want to play some music, but the playback (even without earphones), is barely audible, and the volume control doesn't affect it in the slightest.
When that happens, I just turn off my phone and back on :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6