HTC 8S - Copying Music Across to Phone

HTC 8S Tom

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently got a HTC 8S for Christmas and initially put music on it without any hassle but now I've tried to add more music I've had nothing but trouble. I tried the simple copy and paste from a iTunes folder in my documents and it asked me if I wanted them converted so I clicked yes and they began to copy. After they had copied I tried to play them on my phone and it kept saying cannot play this file error code: 80070003. I then looked for help and tried using the windows app to transfer my iTunes library and the same error came up. I exited the app and tried again but now it can't even find my phone and when I try copying files through documents it keeps saying phone had disconnected or stopped responding!!

Can anybody help me??

Cheers, Tom

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently got a HTC 8S for Christmas and initially put music on it without any hassle but now I've tried to add more music I've had nothing but trouble. I tried the simple copy and paste from a iTunes folder in my documents and it asked me if I wanted them converted so I clicked yes and they began to copy. After they had copied I tried to play them on my phone and it kept saying cannot play this file error code: 80070003. I then looked for help and tried using the windows app to transfer my iTunes library and the same error came up. I exited the app and tried again but now it can't even find my phone and when I try copying files through documents it keeps saying phone had disconnected or stopped responding!!

Can anybody help me??

Cheers, Tom

Hello, Tom,

I, too, am a humble owner of an HTC Windows Phone 8s. In my case, I haven't had any problems with my music on my phone. I simply transferred them to my phone via the USB cable (without using the windows phone app). The same goes when I transfer the music directly to the SD card by inserting it into my laptop, and when I use Bluetooth for the transfer. Try any of these three (USB Cable without windows phone app, direct SD card, Bluetooth) transfer methods and let me know if you still encounter the problem.

Regards,
Gian

baksunovic

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I've been spoiled with Zune on WP 7.5 because I could create own playlists from my computer's hard drive.... but now, almost impossible. The only way I could have playlists on my HTC 8s is to create them again in WMP and then sync with phone within WMP. And that went well. But as recommended to save space on phone itself, I've downloaded apps from market onto my PC, transfered them to SD card and then installed onto phone. And that wnt well. Now, the problem is - when I access SD card from the store within the phone to install apps, somehow the process deletes all my playlists as they were never there. Music stays on the card, but playlists are gone... and it happened twice already. So I'm left with let's say 7 Gb of unsorted music which frustrates me when I want to listen to particular choice that I've made. And because this music is from hard drive, it is left (most of it) unrecognisable from device or store. Syncing the same playlists from WMP brings them back but as soon you access SD card from the phone and install some apps, they're gone again. Bummer!

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Personally I had no trouble when I got this 8s. However, I have yet to put more music onto it. Overall I am a bit miffed with the HTC experience. My old Nokia 710 was a doddle to use - just plug and play. I have an sd card in my HTC with 100 videos previously recorded on a nokia x3 02 but they wont play on the HTC for some reason.
The way the music is set up on the phone is a bit strange - I cant sort a playlist either. Are these phones really any good......

HTC 8S Tom

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried copying the music straight to the sd card and now it works fine!! There was some sort of coding problem within one of the folders so i formatted the sd card and now is all well!!

Cheers

HTC 8S Tom

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I've been spoiled with Zune on WP 7.5 because I could create own playlists from my computer's hard drive.... but now, almost impossible. The only way I could have playlists on my HTC 8s is to create them again in WMP and then sync with phone within WMP. And that went well. But as recommended to save space on phone itself, I've downloaded apps from market onto my PC, transfered them to SD card and then installed onto phone. And that wnt well. Now, the problem is - when I access SD card from the store within the phone to install apps, somehow the process deletes all my playlists as they were never there. Music stays on the card, but playlists are gone... and it happened twice already. So I'm left with let's say 7 Gb of unsorted music which frustrates me when I want to listen to particular choice that I've made. And because this music is from hard drive, it is left (most of it) unrecognisable from device or store. Syncing the same playlists from WMP brings them back but as soon you access SD card from the phone and install some apps, they're gone again. Bummer!

How do you download the apps straight to your PC??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried copying the music straight to the sd card and now it works fine!! There was some sort of coding problem within one of the folders so i formatted the sd card and now is all well!!

Cheers

That's great news. Hope you'll enjoy your HTC 8S as much as we do.hahaha

Regards

baksunovic

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
You can download apps from online (not on your phone) windows phone store directly to your PC using web browser and option "download and install manually". Apps are stored as a regular . xap files which you can transfer to your SD card and install from "store" on your phone. Just one thing... when you transfer files to SD card, you won't get "SD card" option in store on your phone immediately, you'll probably have to wait a bit or restart your phone (turn off and then on, not hard reset) for SD card needs to be recognised by the Store on your phone. Then you will see the apps and have the ability to install.

anon(4786615)

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
My HTC 8S has nothing but trouble with music. When I copy music via the app for Windows 8, I get everytime an error while copying. When I use the desktop app it says that it can't find the file, while it clearly is the music folder. If I use simply Explorer to copy I get two of each mp3, when I delete that in Xbox Music I get the error: 80070003. What can I do?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My HTC 8S has nothing but trouble with music. When I copy music via the app for Windows 8, I get everytime an error while copying. When I use the desktop app it says that it can't find the file, while it clearly is the music folder. If I use simply Explorer to copy I get two of each mp3, when I delete that in Xbox Music I get the error: 80070003. What can I do?

This is strange as I have NEVER had any problems with music with my 8S. I even have nested folders within my main Music folder in my SD card where the music is grouped per genre.
Try this:
1. Check the file format of your music files. Make sure they are any of the following: .mp3, .wma, .amr, .aac, .mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .3gp, .3g2, or (if you're into very high-quality music) .wav.
2. In your windows phone, check the conversion settings. Make sure it doesn't convert the files or anything like that.
3. Insert your micro SD card into the PC and delete all the music from your SD card.
4. Copy your music again back to your micro SD card in the correct Music folder.

Note: You can try not inserting your micro SD card into the PC and delete-copy everything through explorer, but I recommend the inserting it directly to the PC first so we could eliminate the causes of your problem. By the way, I had my music transferred by Bluetooth, by Explorer and by direct SD card and I had no problems.

anon(4786615)

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
This is strange as I have NEVER had any problems with music with my 8S. I even have nested folders within my main Music folder in my SD card where the music is grouped per genre.
Try this:
1. Check the file format of your music files. Make sure they are any of the following: .mp3, .wma, .amr, .aac, .mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .3gp, .3g2, or (if you're into very high-quality music) .wav.
2. In your windows phone, check the conversion settings. Make sure it doesn't convert the files or anything like that.
3. Insert your micro SD card into the PC and delete all the music from your SD card.
4. Copy your music again back to your micro SD card in the correct Music folder.

Note: You can try not inserting your micro SD card into the PC and delete-copy everything through explorer, but I recommend the inserting it directly to the PC first so we could eliminate the causes of your problem. By the way, I had my music transferred by Bluetooth, by Explorer and by direct SD card and I had no problems.
Thanks for your time.
1. All my music is mp3, so it should be working.
2. Nothing strange with that either.
3. I've formatted it twice, as well as in the phone, as in the computer.
4. Done, but it didn't work.

Resetting was the solution for me. I did two resets. After the first I got the same problem, but after the second everything works much better. Not only the syncing, but also I got much more free space with the same apps installed. The phone seems also to response faster and works smooth now.

Again thanks for your time!

craftslocke20

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
make playilst on zune software, open windows app then sync playlist made from zune (somehow all your playlist from zune appears on windows apps so thats it). works for me.

WillBain

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys

I seem to have all the problems from above and tried all the different ways to copy music onto my WP8s HTC:

*Drag & Sync Into Music Folder
*Windows Media Player Drag & Sync
*Windows Phone App Sync, Via itunes, Via WMP

But every time something goes wrong from:

*Duplicate Files
*Album Art Missing
*Sitting in Album screen for a day then all albums disappear and only have a 25+ GB list of songs

The reason I picked this phone is because it uses Beats tech and love music so really is a perfect combo but this is extremely frustrating I have tried all the methods at least twice and no method is without problems wasted 6 days off in the last 3 weeks trying to sort this and now giving serious thought about copying music onto my xbox 360 then syncing that way but dont want to waste my time if going to get the same problems can anyone help? or is this just a well placed problem for us customers so that we have to buy all our music again from microsoft this time?

jyotsnaknanu

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi..I just bought an HTC 8s fone.. and i tried connecting it to my windowx xp laptop to transfer music and other files.. however it is detecting my phone as a camera and I am unable to put data into my phone..can someone please help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss