Anyone else had a call volume issue with 8s?

Ald65

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Really like the phone - so much better than my old LG device. But - I have a problem hearing the voice of anyone calling me (or anyone I call) - the volume only goes to 10/10 instead of out of 30. This means that I have to always put the phone onto speaker which obviously leads to privacy issues. I have read elsewhere that others have the same problem but have seen no answers. Is there any way I can boost the sound so that I can actually hear someone when I am outside. I find myself asking everyone to speak up. Any views?

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The reason the voice volume goes to 10 is to stop you going deaf. Volume for other things go up to 30. Similar to other phones I believe- well all the Nokias I've had anyway.

Ald65

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, my phone must be faulty then as it is impossible to hear a voice call at 10 - it is making the phone worthless. If only it was loud enough to make me deaf. It is a JOKE. I would rather be allowed to make my own choice and set the volume where I want with 30 the max. In the same way I would like to be able to clear the OTHER folder and free up memory getting rid of app caches. Does anyone actually have a helpful comment?

jcf22

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact issues described above with not being able to hear a call even with just minor background noise. Everyone tells me they hear the background more than me. I have resorted to using the speaker phone up to my ear just to hear with moderate noise. My carrier suggested a soft reset, didn't work. Next was removing battery, no better. Next was hard reset. Nothing.

So only after 3 months since I got the phone, they are sending a replacement. I am really upset since I like the features of the phone, look, other functions. But come on, something as simple as call volume should be simple to achieve.
Some mentioned using hearing aid settings. Did that actually work?

jcf22

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone else had a call volume issue with 822? Screen black out?

Must be faulty device. Now I have a new problem that just started . When I try to make a call or connect to my voice mail, the screen goes black. Can't put in my password for VM, and I can't see who I am calling. Nothing I do brings the screen back. I can't hang up from an incoming call, because the screen goes black during/after the call. Just curious was to what is causing all these issues in just over a week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes