Problems with sound on HTC 8s

Ana Kikerec

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So I bought my htc 8s about a month ago and i love it, but there is one thing that is really irritating, sometimes when i want to play a song I can barely hear it, although the volume is 30/30. At first I thought there is something wrong with that particular song but then I started playing other songs and I could barely hear them too. I don't know what to do, I've been turning off my phone and then turning it on again to fix it and it works for a day of two but then the same problem appears, so I'm tired of doing that every single day, PLEASE HELP!

nightmother

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
i think the problem is related to Beats audio stuff.

i also had this problem, and everytime it happened , display was showing Beats Audio is turned off.

so i go to setting -> beats audio -> and turn it on

it worked for me.

HTC 8s has alot of issues.. it needs fix!@#!@#! especially the storage.

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about listening to music on the phone or through headphones/speakers? I only ever listen through speakers and I have never had a problem. If you are listening to music on the phone, you need to put it face-down so the speaker is facing up, otherwise you won't hear anything (the speaker is on the back of the phone).

My 8S has no issues whatsoever, I absolutely love it (from a hardware perspective - I am less impressed with WinPhone 8). I have 20-odd apps installed and there is still more than a gig of available storage. (I also have a 32Gb SD card for music/video.)

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had the sound bug pop up a few times. Mainly when im actually on a call but I can live with it to be honest. I love the phone itself. Will definatly stretch to get a nokia lumia next upgrade tho

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Really? I came from a Lumia 800 and I can't see why I would go back, given that I had to have it repaired after less than a year of careful use.

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely! My partner has a Lumia 920 and it is beautiful. I would rather have the 920 if im honest. The screen is much bigger and much clearer also. More storage. It is so well made. Lovely phone!

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have an 8X and have the same problem. Someone with a L920 even said this happens sometimes.

I found out that stopping the music by using the "Stop the music!" app* or similar will solve the problem. When you play the music it will work normally (I always start at 3 or so).
It looks like the problem only happens when the track/podcast changes while the volume is at 01/30. I don't know why this is but I know that's how it is for me.

Hope I helped!

Here's the app: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=0899997d-c25a-4075-9b28-685308e1568b

purushrut

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
i brought htc 8s 2 months ago.i'm really fed up of it.My biggest problem that occured to me was my earphone jack.whenever i plug my earphones always the right ear bud didn't worked and after a week it suddenly started to play well.Just want to replace my phone and probably buy a lumia 820 due to the ear phone jack and the speaker.My speaker just sounds so low always while watching or listening to songs i have to plug my ear buds

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah definitely! My partner has a Lumia 920 and it is beautiful. I would rather have the 920 if im honest. The screen is much bigger and much clearer also. More storage. It is so well made. Lovely phone!

Captain Obvious. Of course is a high end Phone better then a budget Phone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos