HTC 8S or 8X as AT&T Go Phone

boxfetish

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am planning on buying an 8S or 8X and using it as a pay as you go phone through AT&T. What I need is to be able to use wi-fi and text messaging. I will not have a voice plan or data plan. As far as I can tell, I won't have any issues. Any caveats? Advantages or disadvantages to either model for my purposes?

Thanks!

P.S. I will also use the phone as a mobile music player and camera.

boxfetish

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As far as my research goes, I just have to unlock it and I can use it on straight talk, at&t go phone, or even t-mobile pre-pay/pay as you go.

I plan on going with the $9.99 for 1000 text messages plan. Talk time, which I almost never use then cost $.10 per minute. Just to give you an idea, I used around $11.00 (110 minutes) in one year. I don't need data (3G or 4G) as along as it allows me to connect via wifi.

Last edited:

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I am planning on buying an 8S or 8X and using it as a pay as you go phone through AT&T. What I need is to be able to use wi-fi and text messaging. I will not have a voice plan or data plan. As far as I can tell, I won't have any issues. Any caveats? Advantages or disadvantages to either model for my purposes?

Thanks!

P.S. I will also use the phone as a mobile music player and camera.

Like said as the other user get a 620 it comes unlocked and you will get support a great phone and the plan that you want since you just need texts.. BTW dude get out of your house and talk lol jk..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea