So like the vast majority of other WP8 users out there, I am severely "disappointed" with the windows 8 desktop app that doesn't do the simplest of things. Anyway, in my effort to create a playlist on my phone, I googled the problem and found some people saying that you can use WMP to sync your playlists over.

So i did that, and everything went, and I was very happy until I restarted my phone. Basically, I can sync ALL of my music from WMP to my phone and everything will transfer perfectly including the album art, but as soon as I attempt to play something, BOOM all of the song's info gets erased aside from its name. This means that my phone cant find any songs by looking by artist, album, playlist, etc... It can only look by song title. All of the info on the songs are erased including the album art as well.

Needless to say, this is the most depressing thing I have ever encountered, because I really just want to play music on my phone. At the moment, I am attempting to drag and drop the music into my phone and hopefully that will work. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening? Or does anyone have any alternatives to sync music and playlists to my phone?

Thanks!
    03-20-2013 02:24 PM
    Check to make sure all your music is properly tagged. If it is missing info in the tags it will act wonky.
    03-20-2013 04:00 PM
    I ended up just using the crappy phone app on W8.. And I did the crazy roundabout way to make playlists on my phone. It isn't easy but it works for now...
    03-25-2013 04:27 PM
    I've also had similar problems tried a few different ways, The best way I can think of but still about 80% away from smooth and perfect is to use a micro SD and plug it into computer directly then sync through WMP onto device. Still lots of albums have missing tags & art work but it doesn't duplicate any songs the delete them with in a day like it does doing it directly in through the phone its self.
    04-24-2013 02:16 PM