Mysterious htc 8s update

Alex Ionas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed a bigger battery drain so far, and sms works fine. If you don't have enough space, try uninstalling some big apps, and also when you fill the memory with shrink storage, use the phone for a while before releasing it, it will make WP free more space from the other section.

ljoga

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed a bigger battery drain so far, and sms works fine. If you don't have enough space, try uninstalling some big apps, and also when you fill the memory with shrink storage, use the phone for a while before releasing it, it will make WP free more space from the other section.
i can second to this, before when i didnt use the phone for a while after reseting it, shrink storage only cleared 10mb of space. when i used the phone for about 15min after(facebook, games, web browsing) the reset shrink storage cleared 523mb.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I got this update today.

One thing is fixed for sure : the Beats Audio works correctly now, no need to unplug/plug back headphones to have it working in games/apps other than music.

joeyxl

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
so i like to see an update coming to this device.

im actually buying this tommrow. should i do this update first thing before doing anything else?

Rob Shepherd

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah update it first then ya wont have to worry in a week or so when ya memory is virtually full for no apparent reason. The phones great but serious memory issues atm with only a 4gb internal lol.

Florin Nitulescu1

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I also got the update, but after I installed it...very bad news: the facebook integration got screwed! I can't see any of the photos related to facebook.People hub, albums, what's new in photos...all of them affected! This is so annoying! Everything was fine until this damn update! So pissed off with HTC!!!

lyianne

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello:
Why is it that my Updated Firmware Revision Number is different from Yours?
My Firmware Revision Number is : 1030.54.20002.707 ....

After the update i didn't find any changes nor any bad issues, its just like a normal one.

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
but srlsly how am i supose to free 450 mb when i didn't even have 450 mb free when i bought the damn thing?
Any workarounds ? or should i just go to my carrier and tell them to fix it for me without the loss of any of my personal data? It would be a luagh if the manage to do it.

Srsly they could have made 4 100 mb updates which would have been more reasonable but they only think about the high end ones not the mids.
I was excited and i still like my 8s but srsly microsoft.
also Sad panda.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i found new bug, when you turn off Beats audio doesn't change at all, it's completly the same with or without, before it worked.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
but srlsly how am i supose to free 450 mb when i didn't even have 450 mb free when i bought the damn thing?
Any workarounds ? or should i just go to my carrier and tell them to fix it for me without the loss of any of my personal data? It would be a luagh if the manage to do it.

Srsly they could have made 4 100 mb updates which would have been more reasonable but they only think about the high end ones not the mids.
I was excited and i still like my 8s but srsly microsoft.
also Sad panda.

Just do the Factory Reset and You'll have a lot of free memory. Seriously. Even the reinstalling all the apps does not take that much time.
Another thing is that even after the update I'd advise to do a FR just to make sure all the system settings got refreshed properly.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i found new bug, when you turn off Beats audio doesn't change at all, it's completly the same with or without, before it worked.

Strange... haven't noticed anything similar. And I did a lot of BA tests, as I love it ;-)

Could You please give more details how to reproduce this problem ?

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Strange... haven't noticed anything similar. And I did a lot of BA tests, as I love it ;-)

Could You please give more details how to reproduce this problem ?
Turn on the music, turn off beats, turn on beats, see that there's completly no difference.
When i bought phone it worked fine, i guess one of the updates fked it up.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Turn on the music, turn off beats, turn on beats, see that there's completly no difference.
When i bought phone it worked fine, i guess one of the updates fked it up.

Well... fortunately, in my case it's working flawlessly. Have You tried factory reset after the update ?

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well... fortunately, in my case it's working flawlessly. Have You tried factory reset after the update ?
Nope, didn't reseted.
Phone started hanging time from time now, before this update it never happend and aswell im not the only one with this problem.

nielsbuitenhusi

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I received another update, it installed right away because my settings where that way.
Firmware level: 1030.54.20003.401
Bootloader: 0.0.1030.54 (164172)

Did someone receive this update? More Info?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb