Can't receive text messages after update 19 march 2013

Anton Brink

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, I can't receive text messages after the latest update (March the 19th 2013). I have checked the settings with my providers, and everything is correct.
I can send text messages, and call/receive phone calls, but not receive text messages. :cry:
This is really annoying as it's the form of communication that I use 99% of the time.

Things I've tried:
Removing other programs and accounts that use the native messaging app (Skype and Facebook)
Uninstalling apps to clear out space (1 GB should be enough for texts)
Done a hard factory reset and still nothing, I did lose all my contacts in the process so that's awesome.

My other partition is taking up 200 MB (800 before the factory reset) if that says anything..
P.S I'm not sure if it's really the updates fault but the problem started around the time after the update

Last edited:

Werli

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I just purchased by phone on 3/16, all worked well for the first 2 days. Then I lost the ability to receive messages. AT&T messed around with my phone and I lost the ability to send or receive messages. After many hours in the store and additional hours with advanced technical help, sending messages has been restored.

AT&T replaced my SIM, no improvement. They replaced my phone, no improvement. My SIM receives all of the messages, they just don't show up on my phone. When my SIM is placed into a different device, such as an iPhone, all my messages appear. A repair guy at the AT&T Device Support Center was able to get the phone working by:

Removing my sim and placing it into a known working device - powering it off and on so it goes out to the network and back
Placing a known working sim into my device - powering the device on and off so it goes out to the network and back
replacing my SIM into my phone, powering off and on and it works.

HOWEVER, the fix only lasts about 24 hours and then I cannot receive texts again. I have had to go through this 3 times and will have to do it again today because I am not getting messages.

I learned in this process that the Nokia charging pad is not a good device, I suspected it was the cause but the issue has occurred again and I have stopped using the charging pad.

This is a new phone, I have tons of memory available. Advanced Technical cannot seem to help solve the problem.

Love the phone, but want it to work correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo