Power button problems

SimW1

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Any one else noticed problems turning the 8S screen on and off since the latest up date? The power button feels right but half the time there is no response. Is it just me? The variability suggest a software rather than hardware issue. Not happy.

rhythmsyndicate

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It seems more like a hardware problem. I've had HTC phones in the past that had issues with power button not working, but specifically im not sure about the 8S since I don't own that particular phone.

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine hasnt been updated and it started playing up today... Twice the power button has not powered up the phone and then when it did the screen froze. The it took an eternity to get it to swtich off and back on again. Time to call Orange I think...

SimW1

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it was software in the end. All good now. Factory reset and reload from backup and problem still there. Reset and set up from scratch fixed the problem but means I never worked out which app was causing the issue.

mermar

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem . sometimes i push the power button 5-6 times for screen on . this is a hardware issue because i flashed my phone to old version and the same problem again .

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone is going to try quick dry electronic cleaner? I just cleaned the usb port, there was 1/2 inch thick of dirt in there , went there with a needle

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
wow... p?wer button completely stoppped working .. Argrrrrrrrrh
i just opened the 8S up... ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGZnMUk6KA ) did a clean-up around the button and the back-cover .. its working now... not like new but it helped.... i only removed the back-cover 2 tiny torx screws pull the cover, et voila!
time for a new handset soon!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro