Saving Apps on SD Card

WillBain

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys

Was just wondering if there has been any developments on saving Apps onto SD cards like discussed in this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/ht...-phone-8-allow-you-install-apps-micro-sd.html

Last post was in March and the fella said he would post HTC's reply the next day when they got back to him. Just had another update there today and spent my afternoon shrinking the phone memory to 405mb so I could update and to be fair to windows & HTC it did give me back about 100mb back from my other section but its still taking up best part of a GB on a 4GB phone storage plus the 2.2GB for phone system stuff. I don't download many apps to start with but having to delete the 5 or 6 (Twitter, Facebook & What'sApp) I do use every time I get an update is becoming a pain. Plus I want to try the games in the Xbox section but no point if they have to be wiped every time there is an update got 15GB after my music on a SD card going to waste here I could save Apps on the SD card on my old HTC so I'm guessing the problem lies with Windows OS. Having around 500mb-600mb on a smartphone is pretty unbelievable your cashes from browsing the internet and using a few social media apps wipes that out after a few days at best. So if any of the moderators are Windows employees please take note of these 2 threads and raise the issue and become a hero among Windows Phone 8s by HTC users we will all even chip in for a cape for them:smile:

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I can tell You what is the problem with HTC customer support.
I've tried to know what was the changelog for latest HTC 8S *FIRMWARE* update.
After few emails, HTC CS told me -----> Go, ask Microsoft (however, I've tried to explain them that this was not OS but FW update !!!)
but... OK. I went to ask Microsoft. They told me, the phone manufacturer is responsible for FW updates -----> Go, ask HTC.
Back at HTC, I told them what Microsoft said. And the answer was.... -----> Go, ask Microsoft !

... this time I had enough ;-)

Kees Westerweel

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
htc should listen to customers like Nokia does .IT is possible to download here maps+ with offline turn by turn navigation .if .....................if you are coupling your htc 8s with a usb cable to your computer .
HTC should resolve this awsome problem which is sooooooooo easy to circumvent by offering an app to couple memory and sd-card so one can interchange programms succesfully .
Come on HTC lets show customers you are capable of solving problems .
thanks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Saving apps to SD card is an OS restriction. Nokia have been given special access to the OS to allow certain functions. No other app accesses the SD card except for photos, video and music. Apparently WP8.1 is going to remove this restriction.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
^^ correct me if I am wrong, but it was never confirmed, WP8.1 will allow apps to be installed to SD card.
Personally I doubt it will ever happen and apps will always be installed to phone memory, let see.

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Well,if WP8.1 will not allow apps to be installed on the sd card , then my next phone would definitely not be a WP and neither will my friends have one..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077