Yesterday I plugged in my phone through USB and the screen went black and the phone started vibrating continually.

Called HTC and the very nice man I spoke to (no sarcasm, the guy was awesome) made me try a bunch of things with the volume button, the power button for a minute, etc. No luck, it just kept vibrating and the screen remained black. Even the orange/green light that shows when it's charging was off.

So the man told me to wait until the battery ran out and to plug it in see if it came back to life. So this morning I plug it in and it recusitated!

I'm quite happy but afraid that something broke or that something's wrong with my phone.

Did this happen to anyone else ever? Should I keep the phone and hope that it remains ok or try to get it exchanged/repaired?

Thank you!
    05-04-2013 08:48 AM
    Never happened to me, might be just a software glitch. I think you should be fine, if it happens again, try doing a factory reset, might fix it.
    05-04-2013 11:11 AM
    That's one of the things the man from HTC tried to make me do (by pressing the two volume buttons and the power button) but to no avail. And since I didn't have access to the software there was no way I could have done it otherwise.

Really strange. I hope this doesn't happen again!
    05-04-2013 12:05 PM
    Alright, they changed my main board. So my device was faulty. Now it's working fine. No reboots after a week and the battery is fine. :)
    08-17-2013 06:31 AM
    happens with me... don't know what to do ??? kindly help me... what to do :(
    08-03-2014 02:41 AM
    What phone do you have?
    08-03-2014 02:59 AM
    The only thing that worked for me is that they changed the whole board (keeping the housing and screen). Sorry :(
    08-04-2014 12:33 PM