Another broken screen.

CokeZero98

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I had my 8S dropped like six times from standing height on the corner, nothing happend. Still looks nice, not a dent or something like that.

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
sorry for your loss.. hope nothing like this happen to your next device.. :smile:
want a damage competition? come and see my 8S :winktongue:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8s/225046-there-anything-i-can-do-dead-8s.html

btw, from my experience,I can't really depend on gorilla glass for protection whatsoever..
when you drop it and "an object" hits the phone in the exact wrong place, you'll probably ended up with a cracked screen
broken screen sometimes caused with an (imaginative) formula of

(height+angle of drop+drop velocity) : luck = phone condition after the drop

my friend got an 8X, cracked it's screen with just waist-height drop... fell from his shirt pocket while he's doing his shoe laces
his luck just didn't save his phone

Last edited:

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
So according to your formula, when luck is very high, so the luck is really on your side, the phone condition is just lower and lower
LOL
maths.:unhappysweat:

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Lesson learned - Never let anyone hold your phone, drive your car or ride your Harley.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
So according to your formula, when luck is very high, so the luck is really on your side, the phone condition is just lower and lower
LOL
maths.:unhappysweat:

that's why i'm not in an engineering school or anything with maths... coz i sucked on math... LOL
here's the revision of the formula
(height+angle of drop+drop velocity) x luck = phone condition after the drop
Lesson learned - Never let anyone hold your phone, drive your car or ride your Harley.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

yeah.. because it hurts more to see your phone killed by another person other than you :cry:

Last edited:

Feel_IT

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
well i drop my 8s while i was running it has bounced several times and few of the last bounces where on screen but my screen is fine. The phone was turning off and on and restarting itself for like 2 or 3 days but it works like new one now :D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett