Iphone to 8S

tozsam

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've just come to the HTC 8S from an old iphone. With the iphone i used to use winscp on the PC to wirelessly ssh into my phone to add music, comics etc, so that I didn't have to use god-awful itunes. Is this possible with my windows 8 phone. Don't get me wrong, I know I can drag and drop music, videos straight into my computer, which I absolutely love, and was exactly what I wanted with my iphone. The main problem I am having is comic book apps. At the moment I have to download these through dropbox, and it just seems inelegant. I don't even know what I should be searching for to find more info, is it ssh tunneling?

Thanks in advance

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am unaware of the SSH thing but you can use your wp8 like a removeable pen drive, just copy paste whatever you want into the phone, no itunes or zune required :)

tozsam

May 24, 2013
Visit site
i enjoyed being able to do it all wirelessly on the iphone, plus putting comics in my phone memory via usb, doesn't allow me to open them. None of the comic apps i've used, don't allow you to search for a certain directory.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The way wp8 manages files is different, am not sure what comics you used to read but look for 9GAG and Meme Viewer app in the wp store, thats what I use, prefer reading small comics as opposed to whole books, but thats just me XD.

If you want to wirelessly transfer stuff between phone and PC, look at these. I still prefer doing it via USB as it gives more speed.
To make it more faster, remove the memory card, connect it to PC and do the file transfer, its the fastest.

The wifi transfer articles.
How to transfer files Windows Phone 8 to Computer via WiFi, no USB
Transffr : Download Files from PC on Windows Phone Over Wi-Fi

tozsam

May 24, 2013
Visit site
that first link for wireless transfer is almost what I want, however I don't want to have to use my phone for transfering files, so drag and drop on my computer and do nothing on your phone. The reason I really need this connectivity is because my computer is in the basement, everything connects via wireless, so no cables. It is a massive hassle to go downstairs, plug it in, come back up transfer my files, go back down and collect my phone.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
that first link for wireless transfer is almost what I want, however I don't want to have to use my phone for transfering files, so drag and drop on my computer and do nothing on your phone. The reason I really need this connectivity is because my computer is in the basement, everything connects via wireless, so no cables. It is a massive hassle to go downstairs, plug it in, come back up transfer my files, go back down and collect my phone.

I'm really not into wireless transfers mate, I did my best to find things you need.

The setup I have at home is something like this,

a 1TB hard drive connected to my router.
I can access the data on that hard drive from my laptop and edit the files from the laptop.
But then I use a usb cable to transfer the data from that wireless hard disk to my phone.

I hope some expert will guide here as it'd be cool to be able to access the file on the HDD from the phone (Wireless streaming) itself without having the need for pc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos