The infamous battery life and random reboot problems

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I read a some threads here about people having big issues concerning bad battery life and random reboots on both 8s and 8x. Even an article talking about many people on this very forum who compained about it: "Windows Phone 8 users plagued by poor battery life and random reboots"

I'm also having this issue. I sent my phone to be repaired and they changed the battery but the problem remains (although not as bad as before the battery change). I was wondering if anyone had any news on an possible update to solve this problem either from Microsoft or HTC?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
titoyees: What?

unstoppablekem: Why do you think that might not work?

drbanks: Yes the battery is not that bad on mine. But I do get random reboots and worst of all bootloops... it's new!

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's the Nokia stuff too...WP does a great job of running smoothly on lower hardware, but perversely seems to not be remarkably efficient with the battery it seems.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
What's weird with mine is that I get bootloops... the random reboots and low battery life I can, to a certain degree, live with it. But bootloops, that's horrible.

Did that happen to anyone of you too?

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Battery was so much better until one of updates came and battery life reduced by 2-3 days... I have no idea what htc done.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My problem's apparently very important. I got a new battery but I'm still getting bootloops that I have to wait until the battery runs out for it to stop. I am also randomly unable to charge it.

I'm sending it in for repair for the second time. I hope this time will be the last. I've only had it for three months :(

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine only randomly reboots very ocassionally - like once or twice a month. Sometimes it goes into a little mardy and keeps flashing the screen on and off until I force restart it.

As for battery life, not really had a problem. Can't complain, about 2 days usage in it.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright, they changed my main board. So my device was faulty. Now it's working fine. No reboots after a week and the battery is fine. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo