HTC 8S Getting GDR2 Update!

Fuhrer Hurricane

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I manually updated my 8S to GDR2 and i am in the UAE. My phone, which was previously perfect, now sucks - and badly. it keeps restarting even when its not in use .... for first few days it restarted may be like 25 times. Later on i realized that Facebook application is one of the sources so there goes fb, the situation is better now. Still 5/10 restarts a day!

Tried hard reset but it appears that the ROM is flashed because it shows GDR2 even after resetting (which shouldn't be technically possible). I would strong recommend to avoid this update on 8S because memory does not seem to have improved as well.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Tried hard reset but it appears that the ROM is flashed because it shows GDR2 even after resetting (which shouldn't be technically possible). I would strong recommend to avoid this update on 8S because memory does not seem to have improved as well.

1. The GDR2 is permanently stored on the device so it's normal behavior and technically it should be so,
2. The only improvement that would help a 4GB device is the one that would allow to store more data on the SD card. Like maps, application data and so on.

shahidw

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got the update today. India region.
No data sense. And the radio doesn't seem to work.
And had to remove more then half my apps to install the update. Sad.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Running GDR2 since last night, no hiccups, no restarts, and no Data Sense :p

Radio is good, seems to work faster. I now have Halo: SA Lite on it and it is awesome, similar experience on my Surface RT.

jonaths1204

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Got the update today. India region.
No data sense. And the radio doesn't seem to work.
And had to remove more then half my apps to install the update. Sad.

I had soft reset my phone before I have downloaded the update, then reinstall the apps so that I could have more space. ^^

Fuhrer Hurricane

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
How, then, can you call it a reset? By definition factory reset should put the device back to the point when it was released from the factory. Makes no sense that original (stable) OS gets overwritten in ROM and you therefore lose any possibility of getting the system back to its premium shape. Why would you reset it otherwise?

Happy123456

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just received GDR2 in Delhi, India (Vodafone)
Everything is working fine, my phone is performing smooth, Radio is working nicely.
"Make more space" app from HTC has an option to clear temp files now.
No Data Sense though.
No issues and errors on phone as if for now...
Free space has also increased on the phone.
All and all i'm loving GDR2...
:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)