8S does not have enough internal memory to handle the latest update?

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi! A few days ago I tried to update my wp8, to make sure I will have enough room for the update and it's temp files I completely formatted the phone. After formatting I let it update on a wifi network, but after a while it told me there is not enough space. Looking at the phone storage I see 1.47 GB of "other files".
Can someone help with this or provide some info?
Thank you!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't restore your backup when you reset it. You should not have any o"other" space taken up if you just reset it.

-reset (don't restore)
-update the phone
-reset again and restore your backup

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I did not used the restore, The phone had at least 1.2 free GB when I hit the "update" button
As I said in the first post, I can see 1.47 GB as "other files", those are files from the update...

Another thing, right now I have the December WP8 version in my phone, I don't know if the Phone came with it, or the phone managed to do that first, and he was going to do the second update.

I do not have acces to a wifi all the time, I need to go to a restaurant to use wifi, this is the reason I ask for help here first. There is no way to use the PC connection for update similar to the WP7 procedure, am I right?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ correct. One thing you can try is to uninstall some apps, run shrink storage app, clear wpcentral cache, delete internet explorer history...and check if you have enough space, else you will have to reset

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
^^ correct. One thing you can try is to uninstall some apps, run shrink storage app, clear wpcentral cache, delete internet explorer history...and check if you have enough space, else you will have to reset
That's what I did, I completely formatted the phone, and the first thing I did after that was to update the phone, and it did not work...
Also I see around the web there is a problem related to the GDR2 on HTC 8S and people say this GDR2 completely ruined their phones.

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Well i got an update today and my 'other' space went from 943 mb to 323mb. The free space was at 800 ish mb before and during it dropped to 114 mb then shot back up to 900 ish (cant remember exact figures).At first the fone told me i was running out of space and a message said i should use the sd card. I pressed cancel and let it carry on. Now i have an fm radio! Wahoo....

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks voodoo, if you have news about this please let us know, I see some people encounter some weird problems related to this, I hope I will have acces to a wifi soon so I will try again to update

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I managed after a few tries, everything seems to be ok now, I had one big update and 2 small updates, the Radio is here, Datasense not yet.

name999

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
radu191289, please tell me how did u manage to install them, I can't do it, already reset the phone but still there is not enough space.

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I just tried like 3 times and finally worked... I think it's a bug that fills all the memory with useless data... when you reset the phone don't let him download anything ( he tries to download HTC hub, make more space app and other stuff) to make sure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss