Is beats audio on htc 8s useless???

Chaytanya

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
m about to buy htc 8s as it looks stunnigly cool....
i love the beats audio function on it but m unsure whether the beats audio amplifier is also compatible with other audiophile headphones....
i have sennheiser, sony, skullcandy and even audio technica headphones........

bt will they work btr wit beats audio???

does anyone know whether the beats audio amp improves audio functionality with other headphones??

some ppl claim its just a software thing nd works only with:sweaty: beats headphones...

plz come up with appropriate answer....

m waiting...

thanq...

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

nothing more than eq, rubbish

Not true. I have been testing it with different audio and video files and there's much more than just equalizer settings. The biggest difference I have noticed was with video files from Youtube - turning Beats Audio on has added a lot of juice and space to the sound, for me the difference was like listening to the audio track through small TV speaker vs Home Cinema. And the result was great even using the bundled earphones, which I find really nice to use (they also have a very good microphone).

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
re:

eq + some kind of enhancer/exciter boosting certain frequencies.

when I am listening to any kind of music, I always want to hear how particular mixed was mixed by author. i am not into any kind of enhancer/exciter or whatever post-processing on finished piece.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It works fine on 8s, just like any other htc device.

Here it's explained what it is... Seems some kind of scam.

Beats Audio: Explained! - YouTube

That is true all he says about beats audio, however what is not mentioned is how there is a dedicated chip for the audio to come out of our HTC devices (NOT A GIMMICK!) This is what really gives that boost and makes the audio quality crisper and nice. (2 volts vs 1 volt, and so on...) it's a lot of little things going on in the phone. The beats audio is just a little part of it.

To answer you OP, I have monster mobile jamz earphones and boy do they boost with them. Also my friends regular Panasonic headphones (like 14$ worth) started to sound pretty decent when I had them on. It will work better im sure with other headphones AND actually I heard it doesn't work with beats headphones so well loool ironically but I can't vouch for that lasts part :p never tried

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos