So i cracked my screen Help!!

Mdog91

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

basically i had a accident at work involving a forklift truck and ive completely shattered my screen, the phone still works fine all buttons work and there seems to be no problem with the screen when i use the phone I.E texting and browsing the web.

so my question is will i only need the top Digitizer which i can get for around ?15 or will i need to buy a whole new screen which will cost around ?30-?40. Probably an obvious answer to this but im not quite sure as ive never broken a touch screen before.

thanks.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

basically i had a accident at work involving a forklift truck and ive completely shattered my screen, the phone still works fine all buttons work and there seems to be no problem with the screen when i use the phone I.E texting and browsing the web.

so my question is will i only need the top Digitizer which i can get for around ?15 or will i need to buy a whole new screen which will cost around ?30-?40. Probably an obvious answer to this but im not quite sure as ive never broken a touch screen before.

thanks.

I recommend getting a whole new screen as HTC is known to glue their digitizer and LCD almost inseparable. The glue used is EXTREMELY STRONG. And that's not an exaggeration. Better buy the LCD+Digitizer instead as you will most likely break your LCD trying to separate it from the digitizer. AMOLEDs cannot be separated (the AMOLED panel will shatter very easily) so lucky you have an LCD instead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077