HTC Windows 8S - GDR2 Update for India (Vodafone-Mumbai)

Sanjeev Samala

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have 4GB internal memory and 8GB SD Card...getting storage full message.....can't clear other APPs data of 1.2 GB ! I understand GDR2 update will resolve this...how can I get GDR2 update ?? My current provider is Vodafone-Mumbai circle...when I check phone updates..it say...no updates available..? Please advise !

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Updates are not tied with carriers in India, you can try to install "Shrink Storage" app that will ease off some pressure.

P.S. - How is the battery life for 8s?

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have 4GB internal memory and 8GB SD Card...getting storage full message.....can't clear other APPs data of 1.2 GB ! I understand GDR2 update will resolve this...how can I get GDR2 update ?? My current provider is Vodafone-Mumbai circle...when I check phone updates..it say...no updates available..? Please advise !

GDR2 does not provide any significant change. Moreover, You won't be able to install it having full phone storage.

Happy123456

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just received GDR2 for HTC 8S in New Delhi, India (Vodafone).
Everything is working fine, my phone is performing smooth, Radio is working nicely.
"Make more space" app from HTC has an option to clear temp files now.
No Data Sense though.
No issues and errors on phone as if for now...
Free space has also increased on the phone.
All and all i'm loving GDR2...

ahad17

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just received GDR2 for HTC 8S in New Delhi, India (Vodafone).
Everything is working fine, my phone is performing smooth, Radio is working nicely.
"Make more space" app from HTC has an option to clear temp files now.
No Data Sense though.
No issues and errors on phone as if for now...
Free space has also increased on the phone.
All and all i'm loving GDR2...

I updated my phone today, but couldn't find the radio in the music hub !
I am from delhi too !!
everything else works well, just wondering why I didn't get the radio :(

Ritesh Vaidya

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I am having same issue with my HTC windows 8S. Uninstalled every god damn app. The 'others' is taking up almost 1.04gb space and while installing update says memory full. Now what do I empty more in order to install the new update. Just hate this stupid behaviour of my phone.

Shivam Srivastava1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Why complain about GDR2, its better to have something than nothing plus it has included Radio.... Make More space was no less than a piece of crap in its early stages, but now with updates its good to check Space your apps consumes individually, and function of Cleaning the temporary files is awesum.
But I am disappointed that i chose HTC over Nokia, I bought HTS 8S on 4th January and no Windows 8 fone was available at that time. So i was kinda stuck coz my fone broke and had to buy a new one.

Shivam Srivastava1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
This is the problem with every HTC 8S user. all we have paid for is the LED Flash, else the fone is equivalent to Lumia 520.
Also my fone hangs/crashes randomly while using whatsapp.. I regret getting this fone.

I am having same issue with my HTC windows 8S. Uninstalled every god damn app. The 'others' is taking up almost 1.04gb space and while installing update says memory full. Now what do I empty more in order to install the new update. Just hate this stupid behaviour of my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte