HTC 8S bricked?

Andrew Hunt1

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all , newbie here! I just got a 8S for my son to mess about with and all was fine out of the box. Until I switched it off to install the 4GB sandisk card , the phone then failed to boot so I removed the SD card and SIM and plugged it in , nothing happened so just left it. After about 3 days it eventually switched on so I fully charged it then turned off and installed a 2 GB sandisk SD card and the same happened. This time it took 5 days to switch on and I tried the 4GB again but formatted with the Panasonic tool incase the card had some files hidden , anyway I am now waiting again for it to switch on to try again. I find it strange that the phone works OK without the SD but then freezes with the SD , my son is not happy now (typical 9 year old) as he is waiting to play with it! In between these tries I have done the hard reset and soft reset etc also.

Please help someone as I am going bald with this , I use iPhone and other Apple stuff for work as they just work properly (sorry to swear!) but I must admit that my first experience with a HTC and also Windows Phone 8 has been a bit of a flop and I am all but giving up now! Any ideas before I drive over the thing?!

Thanks
Andy :confused:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre