What would you replace your HTC 8S with?

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I had my 8S for about a year and a half then, a couple of months ago, I dropped it down a drain (RIP <3)

Once 8.1 was out, it was actually a decent phone (finally no more factory resets every month), although I started to notice some lag. I love the hardware though and it seems like nobody wants to make a phone of that size anymore. I have tiny hands and even the 8S felt big at first. I don't want to have to get a bigger phone, and I grew accustomed to the size of the 8S. I would consider buying another if not for the noticeable lag with 8.1.

So what I am asking you folk, basically, is if you dropped your 8S down a drain - what would you replace it with? What do you consider to be the newest equivalent? Or do I just need to keep holding out hope Nokia or HTC actually release a reasonable sized phone?

(For the interested, I'm now using an old Lumia 800 on 7.8 - nice hardware but not having WP 8 is getting painful.)

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it not fairly big though? 4.7" is a fair leap. It seems like even Nokia are dumping small form factor phones even in their budget line.

It really hurts because I held a Galaxy S4 Mini and it felt perfect in my hand - only without WP it's no good to me ;_;

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Beats doesn't matter, but the 8X may still be a nice choice since it's higher specs than the 8S but not *too* much bigger.

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
if I have to change it now, I would like to buy a Lumia 930. I'm still waiting for a new mid-range smartphone and the 630/635 lacks the led flash( I find it really useful!! ). But because of of my real budget, I probably would buy a motorola moto g. :cry:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
HTC 8x was my first Windows phone and almost two years later I have never regretted having it. In fact, even after my contract is up I think I'm still going to stick with this phone. I agree with you about the size thing. I'll never understand the people that like carrying around a small TV as a smart phone. Lol.

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I like my 8s. It does everything I need it to do. No lag at all with 8.1 on it. My contract runs out in December and I've been eyeing up phones now so that when I get one it will be old(ish) , free and low monthly cost by then. Probably get 925 or 930 if that's free.

TheHusky

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I like my phone. So far i have nothing against it but the power HTC has over it (and the fact that its UK ROM). If I'd have the ability to replace it with something, I'd do it for a higher end Lumia. But im staying on WP for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo