how to reinstall WP 8.0

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not crazy: I'm getting troubles with the lock screen button and I have to press it at least four times to lock/unlock the phone.
my htc 8s runs the DP 8.1 but it is TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile) branded and I still have 5 months of warranty; technically, I've got an hardware problem, so I shouldn't have problems due to the developer's preview , but who knows??
does anybody knows if there is a way to reflash the original 8.0 like the lumias?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not crazy: I'm getting troubles with the lock screen button and I have to press it at least four times to lock/unlock the phone.
my htc 8s runs the DP 8.1 but it is TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile) branded and I still have 5 months of warranty; technically, I've got an hardware problem, so I shouldn't have problems due to the developer's preview , but who knows??
does anybody knows if there is a way to reflash the original 8.0 like the lumias?

your not alone, even ativ owners reported a bug simiiar to this but that was when it was new

LilithElina

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I'm in Germany and got some serious problems with the developers preview, including that my HTC 8S refused to start again after it was switched off. I sent it to repair service and they deleted all data and installed the regular WP 8 again. So it is at least possible for them.
I also have been thinking for a while now that the start button is slow to react sometimes, and I'm still back on WP 8, not 8.1!

Hella13

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
My HTC 8s is unlocked (no carrier). I succesfully rolled back from 8.1 to 8.0 here is how i did it:
First read this thread:
forum.xda-developers(dot)com/showthread.php?t=2195035
Then download software from here:
forum.xda-developers(dot)com/showthread.php?t=2094384
Instructions:
1. Copy UEFI_signed.nbh to sdcard
2. Rename UEFI_signed.nbh to RIOUDIAG.nbh
3. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
4. While holding Volume down + camera buttons press power button
5. Wait until flashing is finished
6. Copy RUU_signed.nbh to sdcard and rename it to RIOUDIAG.nbh
7. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
8. While holding Volume down + camera buttons press power button
9. Wait until flashing is finished than reboot phone

Thats It

1. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_1.04.401.03_1.11b.3054 .25_10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
Catala, dansk, Deutsch, English, espanol, francais, italiano, Nederlands, norsk, portugues, suomi, svenska, Turkce, arabic

2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
čeština, eesti, hrvatski, latviešu, lietuviu, magyar, polski, romana, slovenčina, slovenski, srpski, greek, belaruskaja, bulgarski, kazak, russkij, ukrajinska, arabic

No credits for me. Credits goes to owners of roms and xda-developers site. People from USA or Asia region need to find their own specific ROM.
The thing is that it's POSSIBLE to roll back software of HTC phones.

Hella13

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
It is very sad that HTC wont update the software because i like this phone very much. The main thing i miss are apps on SD card :(((

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys sure this isn't the WiFi driver bug that owners of the 8XT have? If I have WiFi on and its connected to a secure network...the phone, when turned off, will slowly become completely unresponsive if its connected to a secure WiFi network. ie...turn off, wait 30 seconds, might take 2 or 3 power button presses to get it to wake up..wait 5 minutes, and you have to issue a soft reboot for it to come back alive...

Open networks, no problem. I've sinced turned wifi off completely and I have no issues in the phone becoming unresponsive.

(this is for 8.1 DP owners only)

Last edited:

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much Hella13 !!! I'll wait for the official rollout of 8.1 , hoping that it will come soon.

@dorelse , It's not wifi related: it happens always

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

GuganC

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey

I have pretty much the same problem as you. My WP 8S' warranty runs out in March, and my Power/Lock Button does not seem to be working properly either. I have to press it so many times for it to work. I'm actually sending it in for repair.

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
flashing back to WP8 is possible, here's how!

- Download HTC 8S WP8 RUU from here: AndroidRUU | The #1 source for Android RUU files
- Turn your phone off and enter into bootloader mode by pressing Power + Volume Down + Camera
- Connect your device to your computer, display will show "USB" instead of "SERIAL"
- Start HTC RUU .exe file and follow the instructions on the screen
- Your phone will install WP8 and reboot when finished

This method also works with branded phone when having SuperCID (most phones have)

Best regards,
myst02

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
@myst02 do you know if the phone will still be branded? I mean: the operator logo between the htc and microsoft logos will remain when you turn on your phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077