HTC 8S - end of support

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how this got to the 8XT when its about the 8S...but the 8XT is, IMO, a step above the 8X...8XT has 4G, 8GB Ram + an SD Card, plus BoomSound + HTC Camera app...so stick 128GB SD in there and carry on. Its a great phone.

The 8S however after finally breaking free of the 4GB storage issue with its SD Card support...has been permanently left behind at the station. Too bad...budget phone hobbled by 1 decision at HTC. (ie...not giving it 8GB RAM)...
lol what? 8GB of RAM? You do know... Isn't a phone on the market with 8GB of RAM lol

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well my 8XT hasn't gotten GDR 1 Update and I haven't heard of any other 8XT's being updated. So if I find a person with an 8XT who did GDR 1 then there will be hope after all!

Don't think anyone has since HTC hasn't released drivers for compatibility. They haven't even said anything about it yet as far as I know. There was an article here about it for a comment by Dan or Sam on a Nokia cyan article.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There is actually nothing wrong with the 8s. Microsoft compressed the gdr1 update for 4gb devices. htc just didn't want to update it.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
There is actually nothing wrong with the 8s. Microsoft compressed the gdr1 update for 4gb devices. htc just didn't want to update it.

Yup, HTC is acting ****ty here. Even Lumia 520 got GDR1 update and the newest Lumia 530 with 4gb internal memory.. HTC is real Sh!T..

DanielND

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
as Microsoft gived us the possibility to install 8.1 preview for developers on 8S's this realy S.U.C.K.S because now we can't roll back to 8 and we have and we will have problems with many applications as there is no support from HTC ...
its the WORST decision that HTC can apply ...i will sell HTC 8S or throw it away and buy nokia or samsung ...with android because you guys are SICK

it's not possible in 2014 not to have CALL AND SMS BLOCK on HTC ....as on nokia exists ...it;s a basic phone feature people ...i don't know which one of you, MICROSOFT or HTC it's the main problematic part but ...

its not possible in 2014 to announce that a phone will not receive an update as u BOTH gived us preview for developers ...how do you want to make people buy your things if you're kidding on us? on your CUSTOMERS...

mjes201

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If the 8xt is anything like the 8x, then it certainly isn't a piece of sh1t. The 8x is a great handset, I have a Lumia 925 these days, but had the 8x before it, and it was a very good handset with a unique aspect ratio meaning you had an extra row of tiles when compared with everything else on the market.

Yes it's a great phone! I'm so sorry, I was just caught up in the moment of being mad that HTC owners don't have GDR 1 yet. I didn't know who to blame so I blamed the phone! Je suis desol?...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten much better responses by tweeting HTC 'Insert Country'...so I'll Tweet HTC Corp, and get nothing, but I've tweeted HTC USA and usually get a response back. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not...just the approach I've taken.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Well I guess we will find out what can we expect from HTC on August of 19 when they announce their HTC One W8. Hopefully there will be words about supporting current devices 8S and 8X.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
So you guys happy now that the 8S will get updates beyond official EOL? GDR1 on DP is available for 8S, 8XT and 8X now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12