Cortana on Canadian 8S?

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I asked this question in the Cortana forum, but didn't get any responses so I thought I'd try asking it here...

Since the HTC 8S presumably isn't getting Update 1, can any of you think of a scenario where 8S owners in Canada will ever get Cortana in any capacity (alpha, beta or final release version)? I was initially thinking that if/when the final release version of 8.1 was deployed to me by my carrier, that I would get Cortana at that point...but maybe that is just wishful thinking.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think you should be able to get Cortana once it comes out of Beta.

Unfortunately, I think it'll be exclusive to those with newer updates, unless the changes are server-side.

TheHusky

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I think you should be able to get Cortana once it comes out of Beta.

Unfortunately, I think it'll be exclusive to those with newer updates, unless the changes are server-side.

Got anyway to support that statement? Im really "horny" for Cortana ever since its been announced and i still can't get her. Thanks HTC or Microsoft. Whoever.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that, while 8.1 is being released globally, Cortana is not. It is being rolled out independently of the 8.1 rollout on its own time schedule. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the official Canadian roll out.

You may want to install the Preview for Developers app, sign up as a 'developer' and install Cortana that way. As long as your region is set to the U. S and language to English, it will work.

Not sure if you know much about this trick but many people have done it, including me, and it works fine.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Claude Dugal

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
With the latest 8.1 from September, I have Update 1 install on my 8S in Canada.
I have also Cortana working using US English language and speech, but you have to leave the region as Canada.
We are getting Cortana Alpha version in Canada , but it is a great start.

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Can't seem to get a response on the Cortana forum for what I think is a pretty simple question... Are any of you noticing problems with Cortana's voice, or is she working fine for you?
The problem I'm having is that she recently speaking with a robotic/monotone voice. (ex she doesn't sing songs anymore; she instead speaks them).
I'm not asking anyone to solve the problem for me. At this point I'm just trying to determine if other people are having the problem, or if it's just me... Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99