Need help with a few issues

tjx08

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, new guy here. I've been an owner of my htc 8s for a year and a half now but it wasn't until recently that I've started running into several issues. If memory serves they coincided with the 8.1 update.

First, it seems every single time I try to get anything from the store the install process is interrupted by the message "We're having trouble installing this app. If this is the first time that you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If the app still won't install, go to your Phone Update settings and make sure that your phone software is up to date." For the record, my phone is up to date and I have enough space left on both my phone and SD card (I'm talking installing an 12mb app onto 500+mb worth of space). I've been 'trying again' with no luck so far.

The next is an issue with the Photo app. Whenever I take a picture with the Camera, save a photo or take a screenshot, the photo in question will appear in the corresponding Photo folder only upon an immediate check-in. When I try to access it the next time (or even for the first time after a while's wait), the grey square is there but no photo. Instead there's a text saying "Can't get picture. Try again later." It's important to note however that these photos always appear in their entirety in the OneDrive app (via an instant sync).

Thank you in advance for any help.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You need to get all your stuff off the SD card and save it to a computer. Reformat the SD card and then put it back in and then copy the stuff over from the computer to the SD card and everything will work for the photos. I think from a software standpoint the HTC 8S is not supported (firmware fix is needed) and due to this reason you will have issues making the phone work correctly for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon