Anyone else having problems with Internet Explorer on Developer Preview?

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm on DP ever since it was released. My phone was updated to 8.1.1. yesterday but there has been one problem that hasn't been fixed with any of the updates and it concerns Internet Explorer (and other browsers)

Whenever I load a heavy website (for example phonearena.com or wp central forums) IE crashes after a minute. Not only that, but it also becomes very laggy before it crashes, and is generally slow in loading websites. This happens in other browsers too and in some apps (Baconit for example).

I tried multiple hard resets but nothing helped.

Anyone else with 8S have this problem?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have this same problem with IE if you clear your history, or when using Opera Mobile or Unity Browser?

All5horizons

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, I'm having the same issue. Additionally, some sites that used to render flawlessly I now have issues with. For example, I can't scroll on certain sites.

Gnax

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Scrolling and rendering works fine, without any issue. Although sometimes when pressing on a link within the browser, IE just crashes, shuts down, brings me to home screen.
So it's a bit different, I do not get any lags or anything like you have. That happens at very random times.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to think this has something to do with carrier branding since I've seen Lumias 1520 behave like this. Carriers tend to insert their own bookmarks and favorites, maybe they change something else too.

VI Slick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. No lag but it crashes, kicks me out. When I open the browser, no pages are loaded. This happens on heavy content sites after selecting an article. After a minute or so it crashes. If I go to a site like Engadget, I am almost certain on some articles to get a crash.

vishwas_prabhu

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This is so painful. It happens mainly with YouTube for me. While watching videos all of a sudden IE crashes and closes. When I reopen IE, hell the YouTube page I was browsing disappears from history. Tried changing the browser. Same story as I believe that other browsers are also based on IE.

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here, don't know why but when I open wordreference I can be sure that it's going to crash after a few seconds (and that's not a heavy website at all). It also has problems visualizing images, on netcarshow for example I often have to reload the page 5 times or more just to look at a picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos