Free up some Phone Storage

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Up until recently, the MSN/Bing suite of apps (News, Sports, Money, etc) as well as Whatsapp could only be installed to my Phone Storage. When I tried to move them to my SD card storage, I would receive a message stating "The publisher of this app doesn't allow it to be installed on an SD card".
However, I just tried it again today, and was allowed to move all of the aforementioned apps to my SD card!
I thought I'd post this information in this forum since it would be of most benefit to 8S users given the limited amount of Phone Storage (4GB) that we have.
For the record, I'm running the latest Developer Preview (8.1 + GDR1 + Critical Update)

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Up until recently, the MSN/Bing suite of apps (News, Sports, Money, etc) as well as Whatsapp could only be installed to my Phone Storage. When I tried to move them to my SD card storage, I would receive a message stating "The publisher of this app doesn't allow it to be installed on an SD card".
However, I just tried it again today, and was allowed to move all of the aforementioned apps to my SD card!
I thought I'd post this information in this forum since it would be of most benefit to 8S users given the limited amount of Phone Storage (4GB) that we have.
For the record, I'm running the latest Developer Preview (8.1 + GDR1 + Critical Update)

Thanks I already moved it:)
I agree there are a few apps that cant be installed on sd but those are tiny 1 to 15 mb apps except sleep which is around 150 mb
So 1 GB is enough for me eeven though I installed an offline map on my phone with sleep and offline bings map and whatsapp I got around 600 mb which is way more than enough

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05