HTC Windows 8s - Windows Failed to start, what can I do?

A-tec_Ash

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
HTC Windows 8s - Windows Failed to start

Windows HTC 8s - On boot the phone shows windows failed to start, how can I resolve this issue is there a way to reinstall the OS please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC Windows 8s - Windows Failed to start

Windows HTC 8s - On boot the phone shows windows failed to start, how can I resolve this issue is there a way to reinstall the OS please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta :)

try a soft reset first - long press volume down and power buttons until the phone vibrates and restarts
If no luck with that, then use windows device recovery tool on a pc

A-tec_Ash

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

Thanks the reply, I have tried that but didn't make any change. Also have tried to connect to Windows recovery tool but it doesn't pick the phone up.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks the reply, I have tried that but didn't make any change. Also have tried to connect to Windows recovery tool but it doesn't pick the phone up.

have you left it on charger for some time and then check? Could be a dead battery

A-tec_Ash

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

Yeah phone is fully charged and just keeps boot looping, shows windows failed to start then the HTC logo comes up and then back to windows failed to start again.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the 8S is actually supported by the WDRT.

I think OP is looking at straight-up repair or replacement here.

A-tec_Ash

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

Is there no way of reinstalling windows like you can on a PC? They must get the OS on there somehow from the factory!?

mgd 57

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Unfortunately that model isn't supported, if you do manage to get it on maybe through xda developers there will be a few issues that will totally frustrate you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is there no way of reinstalling windows like you can on a PC? They must get the OS on there somehow from the factory!?

We don't have that degree of control on phones. (with exceedingly few exceptions)

There are specialized software and/or software tools used at the factory that we don't have access to in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786