HTC will announce the HTC 8X this week for verizon

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
First of all: Say I'm crazy and I don't know what I'm talking about, but I've really studied this for quite some time now.

We all know that HTC will debuting the HTC 8X, HTC 8S, and HTC 8V.

But...what else?

Well the rumored HTC "Accord" will become the HTC 8S and if everything goes AS PLANNED it will go to T-Mobile and...MAYBE...AT&T.

The HTC "Rio" will become the HTC 8V and will go to AT&T.

Where does that leave the Zenith, or temporarily named, 8X?

Verizon.

It's going to have quad-core, 4.7" Display, and will be bundled with beats audio.

I don't exactly know the name, but it should be called either the HTC Titan III, HTC 8X, or HTC Trophy II.

It is also going to AT&T, but I'm sure everybody should be excited to hear it's going to Verizon.

There's also the Lumia 822 that's going to Verizon, but I should shut up now.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
While I don't doubt that the mysterious quad core is in the works, I wouldn't expect it to come until 2013, probably alongside its Android equivalent. A MWC 2013 announcement sounds about right to me...

There is absolutely NO chance we'll see a quad core S4 from HTC on Windows Phone before we see it on Android.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
While I don't doubt that the mysterious quad core is in the works, I wouldn't expect it to come until 2013, probably alongside its Android equivalent. A MWC 2013 announcement sounds about right to me...

There is absolutely NO chance we'll see a quad core S4 from HTC on Windows Phone before we see it on Android.

IF I'm not mistaken it's already in the non-LTE euro version of the One X.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait until everything is announced along with carrier availability. I would absolutely love it if HTC, Samsung and Nokia each had their top WP8 on Verizon.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought that quad core wasn't possible yet with the LTE chipset. It's either quad or LTE, right? If that's the case, VZW won't want it.

You bring LTE or you don't bring it at all. LTE deployment is VZW's huge advantage right now.

Unless HTC has a chipset that has allowed it, but I thought that wouldn't happen until next year.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am excited to see what HTC is going to announce. Which phones Verizon gets is really what I am waiting for though. I am not do for a upgrade until May but the suspense is killing me!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought that quad core wasn't possible yet with the LTE chipset. It's either quad or LTE, right? If that's the case, VZW won't want it.

You bring LTE or you don't bring it at all. LTE deployment is VZW's huge advantage right now.

Unless HTC has a chipset that has allowed it, but I thought that wouldn't happen until next year.

Quad and LTE are fine together, LG will be announcing a quad core S4 with LTE this month. The issue is that there is no S4 that has quad core and LTE in the same chip, they will be using a standalone LTE modem. Not sure when that will change.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Quad-core Windows Phones are best suited for T-Mobile HSPA+. A quad-core HTC with HSPA+ will offer the best WP performance, bar-none, and will be a T-Mobile exclusive. More capability, lower cost.

"Ding ding ding ding ding." :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720