Windows Phone 8X by HTC

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
What's Nokia got way over the X? Same processor power, cameras to be decided(I don't trust Nokia after the 900 incident). All Nokia has is a bigger screen and a bit more memory. Samsungs only edge is a huge screen but sammys design sux.

Bigger battery
Larger screen
60Hz screen with Clear Black layer and super sensitive touch
Optical image stabilizer first in a phone
32GB (vs 16GB)
Wireless charging
Nokia apps
Bluetooth 3.1 (if not even 4.0 after the news) vs Bluetooth 2.1 on HTC 8X

Last edited:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was thinking too. It doesn't make sense to leave out expandable memory on their flagship device, but put it on the low end one.

edit: The sim tray looks be big enough to carry a micro SD card as well.

It doesn't make sense either, but that's also what Nokia did. No MicroSD on the 920 but there is on the 820. I guess it makes sense on the low end phone because you can skimp out on internal memory, but doesn't make sense to leave it out on the high end phone.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Bigger battery
Larger screen
60Hz screen with Clear Black layer and super sensitive touch
Optical image stabilizer first in a phone
32GB (vs 16GB)
Wireless charging
Nokia apps
I guess that's why they make so many different phones.
4-4.3 max is my screen preference
I won't notice the 60hz difference
I don't take many pics
X has expandable memory, 920 doesn't
I'm usually using my phone while it charges. Wireless charging, do not want.

Also, the 920 is a BRICK.

As they say, to each their own. Bottom line is we will both be happy.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I live in Minnesota and the sensitive screen isn't a selling point to me. It could actually be more of a hassle although I'm sure it probably won't be.
The folks I know in Minnesota enjoy wearing gloves in the cold weather, so that should be a selling point for those that wear gloves. I remember how winter time (in NYC) was dreadful for me with the original iPhone.

Edit: Even without gloves, the iPhone was difficult to use in the cold weather as it was responsive to the heat from your fingers.

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make sense either, but that's also what Nokia did. No MicroSD on the 920 but there is on the 820. I guess it makes sense on the low end phone because you can skimp out on internal memory, but doesn't make sense to leave it out on the high end phone.

The 8X and the 920 are unibody designs and lack microSD memory. The Ativ S, 8S, and 820 are not unibody and have microSD memory. I see a pattern.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I live in Minnesota and the sensitive screen isn't a selling point to me. It could actually be more of a hassle although I'm sure it probably won't be.
To you, but to everyone that knows how uncomfortable it is to use a phone in cold weather, which I bet will be most of Minnesota, will love the idea

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If no expandable memory, you have GOT TO have 32 G in this day and age. Cell phones are phones last anymore- they are media devices first. Movies, videos, games, music, podcasts, apps... you lose a good portion of your customers straight out of the gate. I am fine with 16 G, but I am the exception, not the rule.

HTC should know better. 920- 32G. ATIV- expandable memory.

8X- priced lower has a chance. Priced the same, just loaded the pistol and aimed it the wrong way.

Boggles my imagination.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Between the 8X, 920 and ATIV, the 8X is the only one that seems to be Verizon bound so far.

The only problem I have is the 1800 mAh battery, especially when the ATIV has 2300 mAh and the lack of MicroSD support, which would be acceptable if it came in 32GB instead of 16GB.

But the phone itself... damn good looking..... If that's the one I have to get, I'll be happy with it.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Screen comparisons:

Members of the verge talk about the screen of the HTC One X to the L920 and they believe the 1X was still better even though the L920 was good

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCuNm6Wb30&feature=player_detailpage#t=1179s[/YT]

either way, can anyone go wrong with their choice? I do feel a lil'bad for the ativ-s as it doesnt seem to capture the mindshare of the 8X/L920....probably serves samsung right for treating WP as its mistress

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Between the 8X, 920 and ATIV, the 8X is the only one that seems to be Verizon bound so far.

The only problem I have is the 1800 mAh battery, especially when the ATIV has 2300 mAh and the lack of MicroSD support, which would be acceptable if it came in 32GB instead of 16GB.

But the phone itself... damn good looking..... If that's the one I have to get, I'll be happy with it.
I think the rumor is the ATIV doing the GS3 thing and hitting all carriers (except Sprint, of course, who seems to like trying to lose paying customers).

But you are right- the 820 and not the 920 is rumored for Big Red. That makes the 8X top WP8 dawg in a huge, open yard right now.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So far everybody seems to be reporting there is no expandable memory.

X also only has Bluetooth 2.1, while Lumia 920 and 820 has 3.1, if not 4.0 after the certificate today.
I still think that 2.1 has to be a typo. The One X has Bluetooth 4.0. If it's not a typo, then wtf. It just seems weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb