8X got LED notification light ???

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Have read and voted on this issue on the lumia forum too. Checked all the settings several times and there is not a setting I can find to increase the vibrate. On my day off tomorrow I plan to drive back to AT&T to check their display units to see if perhaps my phone is faulty in this area.

Some actually hate the terrible hard vibrate it's giving. Perhaps your set is indeed faulty :p I haven't get my hands on one yet:/ so it's hard to tell whether I would like or loathe the sound. But I guess I'm all in for the hard vibrate :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavebat

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an Imagio obtained and setup over 2 years ago, I think I remember having to download a .cab file to get the LED's to work as desired. I much wanted and miss this feature in 8X. Maybe some developers can do this again?

anon(5348413)

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:p

Funny, after being on the 920 for a while and coming from a Galaxy Nexus, one thing I really really miss is the LED notifications. If I missed a call or got an email or anything, it would flash a color depending on what kinda notification. I loved working around the house, and looking across the room and seeing if I have something missed without touching it. My next phone will have it, even if it means dumping Microsoft for Google again.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:p

While I could live with the missing led light, even though it was a godsend on my BlackBerry, for some it is a deciding factor. I know people who won't touch Nokia until they make android, I'll bet there are people for whom a certain ringtone being included is a deciding factor. Everyone has different wants and needs. Please respect that.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Have read and voted on this issue on the lumia forum too. Checked all the settings several times and there is not a setting I can find to increase the vibrate. On my day off tomorrow I plan to drive back to AT&T to check their display units to see if perhaps my phone is faulty in this area.
I know this is a really old post and probably too late to save poor lamdunne but in case someone else has the exact same issue... my advice is to put your phone in your pocket. Its much easier to feel when its actually pressed against your feeling sensors (aka; nerve endings).

Najtreg

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

It's does not flash when you get a message or something.
The LED is red when the battery is charging.
Green when the phone is fully charged.
And it flashes red when the battery is very low.

I hope this will help you,

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
8x doesn't have an led notification for messages and what not, unfortunately. I wish it did as well, but maybe a message to HTC or ms in the next update to add that.

Moose_Albo

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 8x since march and to my experience the LED light is only for when your battery is critically low or your phone is charging.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
8x doesn't have an led notification for messages and what not, unfortunately. I wish it did as well, but maybe a message to HTC or ms in the next update to add that.

Can an update add a feature such as that? I thought that was a hardware thing and could not be changed with a software update.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Fascinating to read how this thread developed in such hope and then came crashing down to the realisation that the LED light is there to act as a device notification only.

Green = charged (when plugged into a charger), Red = charging, Flashing Red = battery is low, Flashing Green + Red = Overheating.

This is the same for all Window Phones and is part of the inherent hardware design architecture. That's not to say it can't be changed but I doubt Microsoft will abandon their current thinking anytime soon. We already have the glance 'n' go nature of the Lock screen, highly customisable to show new notifications and missed calls etc simply by pressing the power button. Now I'm not saying this is the best it can be, I'm merely pointing out that it is already there albeit one momentary press away.

Nokia is responding to this way of thinking in Amber+GDR2 by introducing the double-tap to wake feature which incorporates a low light standby screen showing the clock and battery level. I'm sure this will develop over time and show effectively what the Lock screen already does.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Fascinating to read how this thread developed in such hope and then came crashing down to the realisation that the LED light is there to act as a device notification only.

Green = charged (when plugged into a charger), Red = charging, Flashing Red = battery is low, Flashing Green + Red = Overheating.

This is the same for all Window Phones and is part of the inherent hardware design architecture. That's not to say it can't be changed but I doubt Microsoft will abandon their current thinking anytime soon. We already have the glance 'n' go nature of the Lock screen, highly customisable to show new notifications and missed calls etc simply by pressing the power button. Now I'm not saying this is the best it can be, I'm merely pointing out that it is already there albeit one momentary press away.

Nokia is responding to this way of thinking in Amber+GDR2 by introducing the double-tap to wake feature which incorporates a low light standby screen showing the clock and battery level. I'm sure this will develop over time and show effectively what the Lock screen already does.

Nokia somehow is taking the same approach as android phone makers ( within the limits of WP and Microsoft) and its a good step, besides that they listen to their customers fearfully. Which is actually a great thing, made me think of my next phone will be a Nokia ( though I adore my 8X design).
Sadly HTC seems to be careless about the software part on WP, I can see this clearly after the new 8xt release when I contacted HTC to see if the new camera app on the 8xt will come to our phones many times but with no answer. I sent a lot of email s and tweets to their support team asking for some easy features and reporting bugs but they seems to ignore them .

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
After having my phone for about 8 months now, I believe this phone and most of the fixes are software ones if only Ms and HTC really put some effort, can't see the reason not to.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't it also flash green for a missed call? I don't miss calls very often because my phone is always on me, but I swear I've seen this before.
*Edit: I just tested this and I guess I was wrong. I'm not sure what I was thinking.*

I really wish it would flash for texts and e-mails too. I'm like 99% sure that this is a Microsoft-imposed limitation because my old Touch Pro 2, which was also HTC, had a notification light for all notifications. I think that if HTC could implement this, they would have already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro