View Poll Results: Which is more durable/rugged?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC 8x

19 82.61%
  • iPhone 5

4 17.39%
    I just wanted to focus on one aspect of the user experience: durability/ruggedness. This is paramount to me, as I am an notorious destroyer of all things electronic. I drop, sit on, and otherwise mangle anything precious which comes into my possession.

Which of these two competitors do you think will be more physically durable:

HTC 8x with its polycarbonate case and Gorilla Glass 2
    or iPhone 5 with its aluminum case and mystery (Gorilla?) glass?

Again, we're only talking about durability here. Votes only are ok, though explanations would be nice, too.
    10-05-2012 08:24 PM
    oh god really? the iphones are/have always been really fragile... the iphone 5 is really easy to scratch up.
    cedarlog likes this.
    10-05-2012 08:34 PM
    Common sense says the 8x will be a sturdier device, but until these things actually dee the light of day, who can say for sure?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    snowmutt likes this.
    10-05-2012 09:09 PM
    Why not wait until Mobile Nations does a test to compare the devices?

To any staff/bloggers here, how about a durability test of various devices? I would love to see a comparison with video in the report.
    snowmutt likes this.
    10-05-2012 11:33 PM
    Im thinking of the HTC for sure, the iPhone build is scratch-magnet u will need a case all the time.
    I personally hate having a case on my phone.

And if we talked about the OS .. There is now chance for ios in 1 year from now.

Posted from My Mobile App
    10-06-2012 02:19 PM
    And if we talked about the OS ..
    Yeah, I'd like to avoid opening up that can of worms....

To get back on topic: In this poll, we're only talking about ruggedness of the phone, its physical durability.
    10-06-2012 03:06 PM
    Common sense says the 8x will be a sturdier device, but until these things actually dee the light of day, who can say for sure?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Why does "common sense" say this?
    10-06-2012 03:24 PM
    The Lumias will be far more durable than either of them.
    10-07-2012 02:23 PM
    Having seen the recent galaxy s3 vs iPhone 5 drop test, my vote goes iPhone. It's a rock hard little phone.
    socialcarpet likes this.
    10-07-2012 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD