Verizon 8X: 11/12/12(?)

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I popped onto wpcentral, and I see that the 8X will be dropping on Verizon on Monday, November 11th -- which is FANTASTIC news! I will be purchasing off-contract, as I ALWAYS do with every phone, and selling my 10/10 iPhone 4S. I also don't want to give up unlimited data!

Will anyone else be purchasing on launch day? Full retail?

Do you think accessories will ALSO be available?

I'm EXCITED...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
maybe... If I can get an upgrade now and still have one for the spring (between me my brother and sister mom dad or grandparents, ill pay them off for their upgrade) then I probably will. Not thrilled about this wave but if the price is right and I have the ability to get something from the next wave then sure!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll be buying an 8X close to launch, but I think I'll wait until black Friday to see if there are any deals. It's only an extra 2 weeks and it's worth the wait if I can save a bit.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'll be purchasing at full retail. Most likely going with the 8X but there's a small chance I'd go with the 822 depending on price. I don't really watch movies or anything on my phone so I most likely wouldn't be too affected by the lower resolution. If the difference in price is big enough, it might sway me.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that full retail will be $599 for the 8X and $499 for the 822, based on past experience. I hope I'm wrong, because I too am in the buying-an-8X-for-full-retail boat.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Guess it will be 8X for me too...but does anyone know the price without contract and sim unlocked?

PS: I'm from India.

Sent from my RaZr 4X HD...

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, 8x full retail on release day. I like my gs3 but really wanting some wp8 and a eye catching device. I'm hoping for 499 price. But odds are pointing to 599. When the trophy came out it was 440 full retail. So let's hope
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep, 8x full retail on release day. I like my gs3 but really wanting some wp8 and a eye catching device. I'm hoping for 499 price. But odds are pointing to 599. When the trophy came out it was 440 full retail. So let's hope
I would love to see $499 for the 8X but I'm figuring either $550 or $600. In the case of the Trophy, it was somewhat old tech since it had been released previously in its GSM version so I'm not counting on a repeat of that pricing scheme.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting a red 8X on Verizon at launch too. I'm going full price also, my contract isn't up until May. I'm pretty psyched. I would love for it to be $499, but I'm prepared for $599.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting a red 8X on Verizon at launch too. I'm going full price also, my contract isn't up until May. I'm pretty psyched. I would love for it to be $499, but I'm prepared for $599.

Likewise! I'm not sure if I'm going the blue or black route? When I had the Trophy, I was so off-put by the red tild scheme, I can't even IMAGINE getting a red phone! Why didn't they bring over the limelight yellow? It doesn't make sense?

I will anticipate $600, plus accessories (IF they have them ready at launch?). I always get a screen protector and case applied DIRECTLY after purchase (in-store!)

My iPhone 4S is starting to slow and act up on me, so it's about time to go back to WPOS! The ONLY gripe I'm starting to have is realizing that the apps I currently have on my iPhone will NOT be available on WP. I just need to live with that fact -- the trade-off has always been a MUCH better user experience on Windows Phone for a lackluster serving of apps. Instagram is REALLY hard for me to let go!

Another issue is GPS -- what will all of you be using for voice-nav and directions on your 8X's?

ether813_ix

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I will be looking to get the black 8x or the red 8x...its not that i hate my droid razr maxx hd, but the idea of everything i have purchased on Xbox being available on my phone appeals to me...much the same way apple does with their ipod, itunes, ipad...

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When I had the Trophy, I was so off-put by the red tild scheme, I can't even IMAGINE getting a red phone! Why didn't they bring over the limelight yellow? It doesn't make sense?
That's funny, I use the red theme exclusively, I never change it.

As for GPS, I just plan on using the newly improved built in maps navigation.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That's funny, I use the red theme exclusively, I never change it.

As for GPS, I just plan on using the newly improved built in maps navigation.

Haha different strokes! I'm forgetting if the built-in maps/nav is voice-guided? (It's been a WHILE since I've had my Trophy!)

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am pumped about this phone as well. I think I am going to go for the black. Though if there was a white/grey on Verizon I would definitely have to play with those first. I hope it really does come out on 11/11 or 11/12. That would be nice. I too have to get it off contract so that I can keep my unlimited data. I am hoping it is $599.99 or less. Anyone have any guesses on the full retail price?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Been hearing 11/8 and also t mobile is selling 550 full retail. So maybe it will be that cause I will be buying full price as well

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Any update on a possible release for the 8x on VZW?

Yea like Verizon is gonna reveal that info?? Lol. We get the vague before Thanksgiving comment. So don't expect it til a day or 2 before thanksgiving. Gotta love Vzw. I'm waiting on this phone too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb