Video Review of 8X on The Verge

davec53

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
the video review claims it will be $99 on AT&T? if it is $199 on Verizon, what gives?

that will mean AT&T has the (in my opinion) BEST windows phone, in the lumia 920...AND has a $100 cheaper price on the runner-up than Verizon.

sigh.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Was looking to get this on T-Mobile but they want those of us that are still on the classic play to pay $199 AFTER a $50 MIR. That's $250 out of pocket. I have little doubt that this device will not only be ALOT cheapper on AT&T but that the Lumia 920 will be cheaper as well. With just a few months left on contract I may be switching to AT&T and getting the L920 after all.

SuddenlyDinosaur

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Seen the review on the verge, always look at flaws for wp. seem all like apple fanboys.

We're all bias to some degree. I personally like looking at places like The Verge, because they sometimes point out things that I overlook through my own WP fanboyism.

Also, remember that all the reviews as subjective. For example, they claim a 5 on the Ecosystem and that is understandable, but for me it would be more like a 7-8 do to the fact that I require less apps and use more of the Office and Music ecosystem.

Just remember to take in any information you can and then form an idea based on how you perceive the information, but do so with remembrance to the fact that they too are people who have opinions.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
seeing more and more images I agree with the "The 8X makes the Lumia 900 feel thoroughly outdated"

such a slim/sharpe looking device

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The problems I have with the Lumias are that there's always a but in the designs.

For example

N9: beautiful device, rivals the Iphone 4.
800: beautiful device, but it has that weird space bellow.
900: beautiful device, but what's with flat screen on a round device?
920: beautiful device, but there's the weird space again.
8x: Beautiful device, rivals the iPhone 5.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This is my next: the HTC Windows Phone 8X | The Verge

when I look at the deluge of smartphones flooding my desk, the only one I care to pick up and play with today is the Windows Phone 8X. Not the new iPhone, not the quad-core Galaxy Note... not even Nokia's Lumia 920, which is almost trying too hard with its laundry list of extras and enhancements.

the conclusion I've come to is that I'd rather trust Microsoft to fix its apps problem than wait for Google and Apple to catch up in terms of simplicity and ease of use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)