Wireless charging on Verizon version?

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Longtime iPhone and Android user here, Im PUMPED for the 8x on Verizon, the wireless charging made it even better. Its killing me not having a release date though, lets hope next week the 8th.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Really wish this would have been a feature of the OS so I could grab a tmobile 8X with wireless charging. Almost makes me want to get a 810.

Though it makes sense that verizon would have it as a lot of their phones have Qi charging.

The color's being exclusive are bull**** though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

TaliZora

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
They had to make a separate CDMA model anyway. Verizon probably requested some sort of special feature to make up for them not having the 920.

Good point. Exclusive stuff is kind of becoming the norm anyways with phones now-a-days. Happy to be a VZW customer in this case! Exclusive colors is pretty awesome too!

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good point. Exclusive stuff is kind of becoming the norm anyways with phones now-a-days. Happy to be a VZW customer in this case! Exclusive colors is pretty awesome too!

it's becoming more common but do they think people are really going to switch carriers over wireless charging or a phone color? the only phone i can think of that has successfully gotten so many people to switch over has been the iphone

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a Qi compatible charger on ebay for $12. I grabbed one and might grab another just for a backup. These are the ones I will pull apart and build into things...(my nightstand, coffee table, etc)

TaliZora

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
it's becoming more common but do they think people are really going to switch carriers over wireless charging or a phone color? the only phone i can think of that has successfully gotten so many people to switch over has been the iphone

You would be surprised. Imagine if say Sprint got a pink iphone 5. How many people (most likely female) who had an iphone 5 on another carrier might switch JUST to have the pink one?

Or better yet, how many people on VZW, Sprint, T-Mobile...etc. who's contract was up and they just loved the look of the red GS3 and decided they might as well switch to ATT because it costs the same as it would an upgrade price with who they are already with and get the red GS3 because they liked the looks of it the best?

THOSE are the people who might switch just for a color.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The article doesn't give me the impression that the colors will be exclusive to Verizon... Certainly the wireless charging, but not the colors.

It doesn't talk about it in the article I linked, there is another one talking about WP8 coming to Verizon that states it. It's on Verizon News, just a different article.

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is the wireless charging is some kind of case that you put on the phone and you have to buy the wireless charging pad extra. Its not tech built into the phone.

Anyone else hear or know this to be fact?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Its built into the Verizon version. They said that its identical to other version of phone, no thicker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Its built into the Verizon version. They said that its identical to other version of phone, no thicker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

well that would be sweet if true, considering those of us poor saps on Verizon have the grand choice of the 8x, the 8x or the 8x if you want a high quality, flagship type phone (f-ing Nokia and AT&T exclusives).

Well technically there is Sony, but the stuff I've seen about that so far haven't been that impressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb