Is HTC working on a killer bigger 4.7" phone (like OneX+)?

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Android gets new flagships every couple months, I don't mind if a better spec phone comes out for WP8 - as long as I get the latest OS updates, of course.

xenomorph1030

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking...

I love the 8X, but some of the features of 8X seems to be very limited. Like no microSD, smaller screen than Titan or OneX+, limited internal memory (only 16GB), and small battery.

No one has cracked open the 8X yet, but I'm thinking like all of the other HTC phones there will be a microSD slot.

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Nokia: Has high- and low-end offerings in place. Will flesh out the mid-range devices to compete with the 8X.

The 810/820/822 are not low end phones. They are mid-range, and closer to high than low.

HTC needs a 4.7" with either SD card or 32 GB local. This should be a priority for them given how popular the 920 is.
Nokia could stand to get a low end phone similar to 8s, though i wouldn't call this mandatory right now, maybe when 2nd wave hits.
Samsung needs to get their **** together across the map.

The 920 has a higher ppi because if you stretched out the 8x's screen it would have a lower ppi

This is just simply not true, not even up for debate or opinions. You have it completely backwards, the 920 has lower PPI because it has a larger screen with the near the same resolution. 10% bigger screen with same pixel count = less pixels per physical space.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The 810/820/822 are not low end phones. They are mid-range, and closer to high than low.

I guess it all comes down to how you define high-, mid- and low-range, which has been argued back and forth ad nauseam without delivering conclusive results. I agree that 810/820/822 are currently mid- to high-end devices, but I believe they will become Nokia's mid- to low-end devices by next spring.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess it all comes down to how you define high-, mid- and low-range, which has been argued back and forth ad nauseam without delivering conclusive results. I agree that 810/820/822 are currently mid- to high-end devices, but I believe they will become Nokia's mid- to low-end devices by next spring.

Agreed!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I will never understand why people think Nokia is miles ahead of everybody else. Im not saying they don't make good devices, I am just saying they are a bit overrated by the WP community.

The 8X has better ppi, is lighter, and IMO Super LCD 2 blows every other phone screen out of the water.

The L922 has a little bit bigger battery, is expected to take better pictures, and has bigger internal memory.

While you can argue all day which one you like better it doesn't put Nokia miles or even inches ahead of HTC when it comes down to these two phones. Each one does different things better. Especially now that the VZW version of the 8X has wireless charging now.

The 8x has marginally better ppi. However they both have retina level ppi, so you can't see individual pixels on either of them and the 920 has higher resolution. The 920 also has a host of features not available on any other non-Nokia phone, like the super sensitive touch, the ClearBlack screen for better outdoor visibility, the optical image stabilization for the camera, the best low light camera available on a phone by far, aside from the Nokia PureView 808. It's also got all of the Nokia exclusive apps and a few other things I'm probably forgetting.

The 8X has an amplifier. Thats it. Everything else that makes it different is purely subjective. Some people don't care about the size. Some people think the Nokia's screen looks better. So the 8x is a very nice phone, but there's nothing groundbreaking about it. It's that simple. So yes, the 920 has got more checks in it's column. Sorry.

The ball is in HTC's court. I'm sure they have a high end WP phone in the works that will give the Lumia 920 a run for it's money, but the 8X ain't it.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
The 8x has marginally better ppi. However they both have retina level ppi, so you can't see individual pixels on either of them and the 920 has higher resolution. The 920 also has a host of features not available on any other non-Nokia phone, like the super sensitive touch, the ClearBlack screen for better outdoor visibility, the optical image stabilization for the camera, the best low light camera available on a phone by far, aside from the Nokia PureView 808. It's also got all of the Nokia exclusive apps and a few other things I'm probably forgetting.

The 8X has an amplifier. Thats it. Everything else that makes it different is purely subjective. Some people don't care about the size. Some people think the Nokia's screen looks better. So the 8x is a very nice phone, but there's nothing groundbreaking about it. It's that simple. So yes, the 920 has got more checks in it's column. Sorry.

The ball is in HTC's court. I'm sure they have a high end WP phone in the works that will give the Lumia 920 a run for it's money, but the 8X ain't it.
Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How did this thread go from HTC working on a bigger phone to a pi**ing contest between the 920 and the 8X?

Oh yeah - I see it now the nokia 920 fanboys came along - worried your phone wont be the best anymore when HTC roll out a monster?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
How did this thread go from HTC working on a bigger phone to a pi**ing contest between the 920 and the 8X?

Oh yeah - I see it now the nokia 920 fanboys came along - worried your phone wont be the best anymore when HTC roll out a monster?

Not worried at all. We all want to see Windows Phone succeed. More and better phones is key to that happening. So I welcome more stuff from HTC, Samsung etc. Just pointing out that the 8x isn't worthy competition for the 920, because it simply isn't. One look tells you that. But HTC definitely has a phone coming that WILL be good competition for the 920 I have no doubt of that.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Face it Nokia fanboys, the 920 is a piece of crap. Overheating, battery draining, dust collecting, rattling, creaking piece of crap. Defend it all you want but the 8x is by far the best WP8 phone available right now.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Face it Nokia fanboys, the 920 is a piece of crap. Overheating, battery draining, dust collecting, rattling, creaking piece of crap. Defend it all you want but the 8x is by far the best WP8 phone available right now.

Erm No. Ive got an 8X and a family member has a 920. So have had alot of time to play with a 920. Can honestly say its down to personal preference. Theyve both got their own perks - the perks on the 8X work better for me the perks on the 920 work better for him - I couldn't say that the 8X is a better phone just as he cant say the 920 is better. Its all down to how you use it.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Erm No. Ive got an 8X and a family member has a 920. So have had alot of time to play with a 920. Can honestly say its down to personal preference. Theyve both got their own perks - the perks on the 8X work better for me the perks on the 920 work better for him - I couldn't say that the 8X is a better phone just as he cant say the 920 is better. Its all down to how you use it.
That's your opinion. You know what they say about those right?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thats YOUR opinion. You know what they say about those right :wink:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Exactly
So were both a**holes - Only Im an a**hole thats used a 920 that doesnt overheat, battery drain, creak, rattle or collect dust and use an 8x that reboots, shutsdown and sim errors and put up with it while I wait for HTC to pull their fingers out and send me a replacement. Right now my 8X is a peice of crap.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear it. Mine has been rock solid since day 1. It's really weird how the 8x and 920 have been randomly plagued with all of these issues. By random I mean some phones are good and some not. I think the overheating/batt draining and reboots are app related not os or hardware. That would explain the randomness of their occurrence. Every user has a different set of apps downloaded. I download very few which would explain why I don't have any of those issues. The physical issues which seem to be exclusive to the 920 are design and production problems. As long as we have out phones produced in China we will have inconsistent quality. Just ask Apple!

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I dont get the obsession with ppi.. It's great with a phone like the iPhone where its a small device, with a small screen, but still retains a very high resolution.. The 8X isn't that small so I don't see the point in the the small screen.
I agree with you. All I know is that my screen is gorgeous!! Its actually been a big adjustment over my Radar. I honestly am not sure if I would want a bigger phone. Our thumbs only reach so far y'know..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12