HTC 8x.. "Strange" screen scrolling

L111

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Basically I went into my local o2 shop to have a look at the HTC 8x, and ultimately if I liked it, BUY it.

Great phone, nice design, windows phone 8 looks beautiful, so quick and responsive..

But one thing put me off really badly, when scrolling on anything, there seemed to be a sort of "tearing", it wasn't smooth at all, I can't really explain it but it was really obvious on webpages. At first I thought it was just me imagining it (although I'm not at all picky at all when it comes to screen 'quality', I can barely tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 50" TV).. But I put the same webpages sized by side on my Galaxy S3 and it the S3 was so much smoother.. I wish I could explain what I saw a bit better but it was almost like it was stuttering when scrolling..

I don't even think it's a fault, it's probably something that my S3 excels at that I didn't even realise until comparing it to something else.. Seems strange that none of the reviews mentioned it though.. But for this reason alone I won't be getting an 8x (I spend most of my time browsing the web on my phone, hence why I wasn't bothered about the lack of apps in WP8). And with no Lumia 920 coming to my network it's either the ATIV S or stick with android for me :(

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the Cnet review may have shown this happening vs. a S3 on the Nokia 920 as well. I already have the 920 on preorder and I don't think this will bother me. I think it has more to do with how much of a website is loaded on each OS not so much the phone or display. I could be wrong though they really didn't go into the why just showed it was happening.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had some strange screen scrolling issues when i was first loading everything on my phone, contact list was incredibly jumpy and any scrolling on websites or the people hub would jump like crazy. But after everything was synced and logged in as it should be it stopped and hasnt happened since

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
One of my biggest compaints with the Titan screen was how the tiles seems to "break up" as you scrolled. I'm not sure if that's what your talking about, but if it is, it's not a glitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs